Project 4Banger

2 hours ago, WyoCherokee said:

This is why stubby's are useless on trail rig. never understood the craze. doesn't protect you from a tree, much less a deer!

Not too worried about deer around here but when in the plans to expand the bumper I’ll do it...

• 3 months later...

What’s up fellas 

haven’t been on in a while...

cps decided it didn’t want to work anymore good thing I keep a couple spares, 

Front driver side brake caliper seized on me on the way to pick up a Comanche specific topper gotta pick up parts Monday to swap new brake parts on....

currie axle side joint popped loose as the snap ring came out of place...gotta fix that

and still got a pile of parts to install

but haven’t had the time due to working 7 days a week for almost 2 years now....

On 8/26/2018 at 7:57 PM, 88whitemanche said:

but haven’t had the time due to working 7 days a week for almost 2 years now....

see, you need to take a vacation... to do more work. :D  but the fun kind of work!  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It’s been a while since I’ve updated, 

haven't really done anything except replacing front brakes as one was seizing, 

I just replaced the exhaust manifold this weekend as it’s been long over due and Comanche has been become my daily driver as my Cherokee 4.0 has really bad piston slap.

Gasket was really bad 

tATUeS2.jpg

the gasket that came with the newer style headers was off so I had to call 5 auto parts stores and 1 only had it in stock

mbWxDiF.jpg

and newer manifold installed

WyrI6Xq.jpg

still gotta go to an exhaust shop and fix the set up past the rear routing but definitely feels/sounds different in the cab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/30/2020 at 12:27 AM, 92manche said:

What different front coils have you ran? Considering you have gone 3", 4.5" and 5.5" it seems, id like to know your feedback

Hey bud, 

It’s been so long since I’ve been on the forum, the first 3” coil were the rough country brand the The rest were rubicon express, no complaints with RE, the rough country ones ended up getting too soft after hard use....

Hello everyone,

it’s been a long time coming but the one of the angry squirrels finally broke the block, 

I am in the mix to swap in a 4.0 from an xj.

Ive just been scouring OfferUp to find a good donor to get back to really enjoying the truck...

biggest part has to be a/c as the wife would really like to have that to actually enjoy the truck 

On 3/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, Pete M said:

AC is kinda nice down south.  I can understand her wanting it. :D 

Oh definitely, I hated not having it after I got a functional vehicle that has a properly working a/c...

so it’s gotta be in it when I get it back up running again

On 3/30/2021 at 11:13 PM, eaglescout526 said:

AC 2.5L of the Renix era is a bit tough to find. Took me a couple years and a lead in WA. I know where a couple of AC/Alt brackets are though. 

hey bud, 

mill be looking to convert to a 4.0 from 93-96 so luckily I don’t have to search long and hard for remix parts