Bench seat questions

I currently have bucket seats in my MJ. But I'm sitting here in my work truck, a Chevy 1500 with a bench seat and I'm thinking it would be cool to have a bench seat in the MJ.

How comfortable (or not) are factory MJ bench seats? Or what other trucks have bench seats that are the correct width and somewhat comfortable? The bench seat on this Chevy is pretty nice, but is obviously too wide.

I've always been a fan of the bench. If you get one that's not all worn out, they are super comfortable, to me anyway. I especially like tossing.g the ol' arm up across the back while cruising down the road. Headrests are a must, so look for a '90 and up MJ.

Unless you like your head smashing through some glass in a rear fender bender.

Rob

I especially like tossing.g the ol' arm up across the back while cruising down the road. Headrests are a must, so look for a '90 and up MJ.

:agree: I love the bench seat, but just wish mine had headrests.

The bench is comfortable even for bigger folks. The head rest might keep your head from going through the back window in a wreck, but other than that, they’re useless.

And replied, Remi.

I did a search (guess I should have done that first, huh Rob?) :D I see that a Dakota has a bench seat with headrests. Looks like it would be more comfortable than an MJ seat. Maybe I'll head to the junkyard tomorrow to see what I can find.

Thanks for the info, guys.

The bench seats can be pretty darn comfy if they're not all worn out and the perimeter wire support isn't snapped/broken. I've got over 230K miles on the bench in my '92MJ and you REALLY sink down in that thing, but the one that came out of my '88 SporTruck is comfy as can be (105K miles on it). One of these days, I'll swap out the lower foam between the two.

Bench seats are also ideal for people that have a high rate of canine companion travel.

Bench seats are also ideal for people that have a high rate of canine companion travel.

Well, that's another reason I was thinking about a bench seat. I have a lady friend who has two small dogs, and there's no way she's letting them ride in the bed.

Well, that's another reason I was thinking about a bench seat. I have a lady friend who has two small dogs, and there's no way she's letting them ride in the bed.

Well if she likes them so much... The bed ain't just for dogs...

Just sayin'. :D

Rob

:jump:

Well if she likes them so much... The bed ain't just for dogs...

Just sayin'. :D

Rob