*** COMANCHE CLUB shirts/hoodies order for 2011 ***

87Warrior

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever somebody decides to do it again.

LoL, good answer. I was the point-man for a hoodie/t-shirt/hat sale for a small online gaming club I'm involved with just to do something fun and different. As you have found out, it basically comes down to a one-and-done type of thing. I recall there being roughly 35 clothing orders when I ran mine and it was an absolute nightmare with the biggest problem being the amount of color choices that I offered - it was difficult to keep everything straight. The straw that really broke the camel's back was after everything was shipped out, I had people coming back to me and complaining that something didn't fit or the color was a little off than what they thought it was. I had two people that wanted my address because they wanted to return the shirt for a full refund. I could only laugh at that point and shake my head. What am I, Macy's? I don't really play the game much anymore, but I still get a random e-mail now and again asking if I'm going to make another t-shirt run. Yea, ok...

I organized several company events and Moab trips in the early 2000's and trying to get a dozen ppl to all get the same days off, setting up [and changing fifty times] the hotels and resorts, blah blah well it nearly drove me to bloodshed and it dulled the entire experience. Took the magic right out of it. I feel Bretts pain and by pestering the man with petty issues is going to ensure the absense of a repeat. I'd have the enthusiasm of a ten dollar hooker by now. Lets give em a break. He's at the mercy of the idiots at the shops. :fs2:

I think if we took past T-Shirt/hoodie orders and determined the most popular styles/colors/sizes, then we could order up a specific quantity and have an inventory. Again, this requires someone to manage the project and have extra capital to put down the initial investment, but it does seem like there is a fairly regular need for CC gear. If I didn't have such a nasty taste in my mouth from the last t-shirt/hoodie deal that I did, I would consider doing it. Although the folks here on CC appear to be a little more mature/sane than the online gamers I was dealing with in the past.

we might be doing a cafepress style thing next. especially since :bowdown: Brett put forth the effort to get a decent vector image of our logo we could use.

Yup, Pete you have the rights to the logo design so I will send it where ever you want :typing:

PS. Sorting 100 shirts of different sizes, ink colors and styles really sucks! :yes: :nuts: My wife will probably stroke out when she sees the living room :rotf:

Still nothing. :( Am I part of the 20%? It can't take very long to get here from you.

Yours did go out, on Friday if I remember correctly. I remember because I wondered if it would have been cheaper to hand deliver!

Good to know :cheers:

Gas would probably be about $50... comanche.gif

Gas would probably be about $50... comanche.gif

Not in my company truck ;) but I rarely get to go that far east.

I never really get to head out your way either, but my wife's sister lives in KC, and we're gonna try to get out to visit her once before we move back to WI around June.