top 5 bands

jared

Basically I listen to everything but rap and hip hop so that'd be quite a few lists

what he said. but country seems to be limited to stuff like kenny chesney, little big town, big and rich, and dirks bently. (sorry if anything is spelled wrong. its 2:30 am here and I'm out of it.)

Alex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone else listen to country????

I've been to two Toby Keith concerts, and one Brad Paisley (<---awesome show!)

I really can't list just 5 bands, I have too much of a range. I listen to EVERYTHING....

She Wants Revenge

Godsmack

Paul Van Dyk

Shakira (yes...I know)

Keane

Rock Kills Kid

Enigma

Life House

and a bunch of random oldies/new songs.

I used to be a jukebox mechanic so my tastes are really screwed up. I guess I can get into about anything that required talent and ability to make- Which means I'm not real fond of rap or any other hate-mongering.

She Wants Revenge

:bowdown: Just got the She Wants Revenge CD last week.

I had the luck of seeing them in concert with Rock Kills Kid, and Electric Six.

How are they? I love the CD, but can't imagine what a show would be like if not on acid.

To be honest, I hated them when I saw them. I had a cold, was in a smoke filled club, and was expecting Electric Six on at 9:00. Reality was that Electric Six was not on till 12:30. I do remember the song Tear You Apart being really good live. About a month later, I listened to them again, and LOVED them. Out Of Control is one of my favorite songs. Check out Rock Kills Kid when you get a chance. Songs, Hide Away, and Are You Nervous. VERY good songs IMHO.

She Wants Revenge

:bowdown: Just got the She Wants Revenge CD last week.

I had the luck of seeing them in concert with Rock Kills Kid, and Electric Six.

How are they? I love the CD, but can't imagine what a show would be like if not on acid.

To be honest, I hated them when I saw them. I had a cold, was in a smoke filled club, and was expecting Electric Six on at 9:00. Reality was that Electric Six was not on till 12:30. I do remember the song Tear You Apart being really good live. About a month later, I listened to them again, and LOVED them. Out Of Control is one of my favorite songs. Check out Rock Kills Kid when you get a chance. Songs, Hide Away, and Are You Nervous. VERY good songs IMHO.

You may like this, or hate this, lol:

http://shewantsrevengemusic.imeem.com/m ... ol_mashup/

I can't download anything to find new artists since Limewire crapped out. I'll save the band name though, thanks.

My top 5:

Windir

Wu Tang Clan

Metallica

Pink Floyd

My Dying Bride

darn...top 5 aint enough, there is many other bands i just have to mention: Mustasch, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Gåte, Guns'n Roses, Slayer, Doors, Perished, Sepultura, Roxette, Madonna :oops: , The Gathering think i have to stop there

#1 METALLICA (loved them since i was 5 years old)

#2 Lamb of God

#3 Pantera

#4 The human abstract/Protest the hero/Between the buried and me

#5 Black Dahlia Murder

i put 4 bands as number 4 b.c they are all prog metal type bands and only have a cd each, since they are all fairly new to major labels.

i could probably write 10 more top five for my favorite genres of metal/hard rock and probably 10 more for other music that i like like blues and classic rock and all that stuff. Music is what i do, its what i go to school for and how i spend my free time. its good stuff.

Gonna show my age a bit...

Just last year, I celebrated the 11th anniversary of my 29 birthday... ;)

CW

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is the funniest thing I've read in ages!!! Thanks I really needed that.

For me at least:

U2

Springsteen

Hendrix

Zepplin

Young(without those CSN guys)

If you know them, you don't need first names.

I forgot about Jane's Addiction.....

;)

Jeff

Back when I was a DJ at the local college alternative station, I had to play 'Been Caught Stealing' about 40 times a week, now I can't get that damn song out of my head. But I also can't get the 'I touch myself' video out of my head. Man the early 90's were fun.

I like many different types of music, but mostly I enjoy "unique" sounds.....I can't stand cookie-cutter bands that all sound the same. You can listen to Zepelin, the classics like Stairway, Communication Breakdown, etc. and get a general feel for their work. But then, put an ear to Bron-y-ar (not "stomp" but the instrumental by Page) or Poor Tom and you can hear a whole different dimension to their talent. Same goes for James Taylor, albeit most of his stuff is more a mellow tone....I am getting older, ya know? :D Ever hear his original live version of Steamroller, back when he was just starting out? If that doesn't get your boogie juice flowing, you are clinically dead.

Same goes for Jane's, but it's a genre you either can dig or you hate, there ain't no inbetween with them. I'm a subscriber, even if I'm from the old school ;)

Jeff