Tylerjy's '90 Eliminator Build

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think since my last update I have:

Changed motor oil, dropped tranny pan, changed oil in both diffs.

Picked up some offroad lights for $10 and mounted them on my bumper.

Got my sub, amp, carpet, Dynamat and all 4 speakers installed as well as mounting my flashlight and fire ext.

Installed a tan bench seat until I get it reupholstered/covered, and until i get new brackets.

Installed my CB Firestik on my front bumper, but still need to mount my CB.

Upgraded my headlights to H4 with Autopal housings/bulbs.

Wheeled it a lot.

If you have any questions about anything just ask, I'm sure I am forgetting about some stuff I have done to it too, if you want pictures of anything specific just let me know.

I love your truck man. looks great! :wrench:

Thanks a lot :)

Me and my dad started designing my exo tonight.

The 2 bars coming down towards the back from the cab will be welded to bed caps.

The 2 bars coming down the windshield will drop into the fender and tie into the sliders.

Got my lights almost completely wired up, I took my first shot at wiring anything tonight, and it is actually kind of fun :) I also got the CB wired, and mounted. I will get pictures of everything hopefully tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I am super stoked for next year. The Comanche is probably coming completely apart again, just to be put back together yet again, but this time the donor will be my old '99 xj with a blown motor. We are going to do the complete conversion, dash and everything, the truck will be getting a 4.6 Golen stroker, and the transmission from the '99 to replace my old and tired aw4. The truck will also be getting BW flat flares because the front fenders on the '99 already have them installed.

Swapped the fenders from the 99, including the flat flares. I think I can fit 35's now lol, sorry for the bad pictures.

Header panel should be swapped in the next few days.

How did you level out the front when you had your SOA sitting really high? Spacers? Bigger coils? or you didnt have the lift in yet?

At first I had the soa rear w/ 4.5" coils, that had a ridiculous rake.

Then I stepped up to 6.5" coils. The truck still has a rake but i have been driving it like that for a while now.

Eventually I'll do 8" coils when i invest in long arms.

Did that answer your question?

At first I had the soa rear w/ 4.5" coils, that had a ridiculous rake.

Then I stepped up to 6.5" coils. The truck still has a rake but i have been driving it like that for a while now.

Eventually I'll do 8" coils when i invest in long arms.

Did that answer your question?

So 8" coils with SOA rear?

I'm guessing not stock Leafs?

Your Jeep is kick @$$ BTW

Got the new track bar in, greased up the front end, installed new ARB headlight wiring harness, installed the 97+ header panel, respooled my winch, and made brackets for/attached my mudflaps. It was a good day and i am happy to have it back on the road :wrench:

Snapped a couple pictures for you guys since i finished the 97+ conversion, and painted the trim on my taillights. Enjoy.

If you guys want to see anything specific just ask.

:drool:

33x10.5 km2s on 8 inch wheel right? This is the EXACT look i want for my wheel and tire combo.

But i may have round hole black soft 8s. Trying for rubicon/moab wheels but.. getting the proper tire profile in 16.... i havent seen a pic yet of the tall skinny look i like.

Plus sucks when its tire time... they are 30 to 40% more per tire.

we shall see

Trying for rubicon/moab wheels but.. getting the proper tire profile in 16.... i havent seen a pic yet of the tall skinny look i like.

sorry for the hi-jack,

255/85-16 are what you are looking for. They are about 33" tall

119822037123341-1.jpg

I had 33x10.5s on my TJ only because I got tired of looking for moabs at a reasonable price.