Project Croc Hunter '92 MJ

Looks great so far I'm watching this with great intrest. Steve irwin was a child hood hero of mine aswell. Seeing how my boxsides are prety much junk I may have to build a flatbed for mine aswell. I always loved watching him runaround in that old toyota.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great so far I'm watching this with great intrest. Steve irwin was a child hood hero of mine aswell. Seeing how my boxsides are prety much junk I may have to build a flatbed for mine aswell. I always loved watching him runaround in that old toyota.

Thanks, yeah Steve was the man. I watched his movie yesterday just to get some inspiration. The man just has a way of motivating me. He might have lived a short life but when you take into consideration everything he did during his lifetime, he had an extremely eventful action packed life.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Gents, its been a couple weeks since I last posted. Got quite a bit done, currently at a standstill waiting on funds...

Buttoned up the front grill

Got the claytons on the 2wd front axle bc I just recently acquired my HP D30 with 4.10s

Also drilled my crown victoria $5 junkyard rims for the jeep hubcaps and painted them. I think they look great!

only things left in order for it to drive comfortably are shocks, sway bar links and a shifter lever

Let me know what you think so far!

My brother from another mother's Comanche

Lookin great! I envy your progress...truck time for me is thin, plus the motor just crapped out on my air compressor :wall:

What vehicle did you nab the driveshaft out of at the junkyard, another comanche? I've been wondering what to do after my 4.0 and 8.8 swap.

I like the wheels...but for some reason my brain says no on a red truck. Not sure why. :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

sorry for taking so long to update but I'm back from Arizona and have had some time to work on the jeep.

so far..

-I got the BFG 33x10.50s installed.

-Installed new bushings on the Dana 30 that I will be installing this weekend.

-IPF driving lights

-Clayton HD adj. trackbar

-put 1.5" wheel spacers in the back and .75" spacers in the front to even out the axle widths

The whole squad, the green TJ is mine

Got dark out but here's the IPF lights

The VIN is 1J7FT26S2NL225254

Build date of April 14, 1992

"There was a riot on the streets, tell me where were you..."

Seriously nice work. Interested to see the rest of the build.

I believe that was April 26... Just sayin.

Thanks gents, I really like the BFG's the rims are a bit too narrow even with the 10.50s, so I have my eye out for a different option.

The clayton stuff is great, I'm coming from driving a TJ with a 6" lift on short arms so the MJ feels like a sports car. the D30 is already in I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

I still have a few things to work out;

-longer brakelines

-bumpstop extensions(my MJ's bumpstop cups were smaller than my TJ's and they are welded on)

• 1 month later...

Alright I've done some work to the truck, it's taking forever to update bc I broke my laptop so I gotta use my friends computer..

I installed the ARB snorkel

the airbox, kindda hard to see the connection, here you can also see the new HD 3 row radiator

All new exhaust, head pipe, oxygen sensor, catalytic converter, 40 series flowmaster.

my old cat and muffler were so clogged, the new exhaust combined with the cold air from the snorkel opened it up and the truck had a significant power increase

I still have to work on those nasty rockers

here's another pic..

Thanks a lot for the comments, helps lift the motivation levels

Thanks Kernel, I have looked at the one canvas top I think it's called the softopper, I really like it. And the rockers thats a really good idea, I was thinking of trying to add some thicker metal on there, I gotta do the floor boards and the rockers real soon bc they're getting bad quick