Project "Eliminator"

Did you consider putting bars between the tops above windshield to keep trees out of the roof?

You took a real conservative approach. Looks and will function great

I'm not sure i follow your first statement.  

and is conservative good or bad? lol

Horizontal bar between each of the uppermost front to tear bars at the point of arch. Basically another bar above the upper windshield bar.

Conservative is good. It hits the spot wothout going overboard. Like a rubber, it takes care of 99% of the problems you could encounter not having one lol

there is some thick brush that i have run into but i have wheeled this long without something like that so i guess i don't really need it.  two light bars is an idea i had (each side of the center roof tube) but they are just so much money that its not worth it to me.

Yeah I thought one on each side after I glanced at the pics again. 10 or 12". They are expensive though but after seeing them in action soo many times on night rides, it's like you just have to get one.. I'm about to bite the bullet and get a 12".

• 3 weeks later...

just got back from wheelin in Harlan KY for the NAXJA event.  ran some great trails and even got to test the cage.  was a light flop but it landed on the a pillar.  if the cage was in it would have taken out the pillar and windshield.  

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap dude... that MJ of yours is awesome.... how have I been hanging around here for over a year and not seen this post.  Sweet pic of you with your head out the passengers door.... I've had mine on 2 wheels more times than I can count but so far I've landed back on all fours.... I hope to have the presense of mind to have someone take a pic of me when mine finally finds its way on its side or top..... I hope to make Harlan with you guys next year..... love the photo's.

thanks.  yeah that flop was on Mason Jar.  cage held up great.  would have taken out the windshield without it.  its definitely a good time when NAXJA is there.  lots of well built rigs and some good carnage (like a supercharged LS powered JK on 40s breaking a 14 bolt shaft and detroit locker on your turn)

When we were there in April there was a group of buggies in there attempting Your Turn..... They just couldn't make it over that log with the rock on the left side.... There was a 100k buggy that was on his side twice and must have beat on it for over a half hour...... good times.   I really like Mason Jar....and if I'm not mistaken that looks like the ledge at top of the first climb.

• 1 month later...

went wheeling with my club to Iron Range OHV park in Gilbert MN this past weekend.  great time as usual.  had quite a few damaged rigs, even sending two of them home early.  the MJ did fairly well until saturday afternoon.  tried rock bouncing a steep hill 4 or 5 times.  the last try ending with this.  i also ripped the traction bar off the axle tube at the same time...

and here are the only other pics i took.  will update when someone posts their pics.