Dome light replacements

where can i buy a set to replace my current dome lights? I'm not looking to change out the style or add LED, i just want a straight replacement that doesnt involve me going to the JY. secondly, arent they just supposed to come on when you open the door? ive never had them working until now but they only want to come on when they're pushed facing down or up.

sweet! I'm glad they're working as supposed to. thanks for the link and info about those replacement ones :cheers: i might have to give those a try, since both of mine have broken clips and just hang there half the time.

sounds like they are working fine.

they are not supposedto come on when they are in the center

position

They are supposed to come on in center position when you open either door. The replacements work exactly the same as OE.

position

They are supposed to come on in center position when you open either door. The replacements work exactly the same as OE.

:dunno:

thats not how mine work?

up is on, down is on with doors/switch, center is off. :dunno:

position

thats not how mine work?

Same here.

Rob L.

has anyone posted a picture of where to find the Illuminated entry system relay? my chiltons says it is a relay TAN on a bracket {3 relays} behind the instrument panel? all my lights work, but the door activated light doesnt, in any position (up middle down). tried searching the forum and could'nt find much.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I wish I'd known about the discount, although at $16 it couldn't have been much! I installed a pair of these in my Comanche and I really like them. They are black plastic, but seem to be quality made.

50% off, pretty significant.

Just got two for price of one from them and recieved it in 3 days. Great looking product. They come with two pieces and require you to make the existing hole a little larger. you'll need three male spades and three female spades per side unless you want to cut existing wires. I think th eblack trim looks better then the chrome anyways.

position

thats not how mine work?

Same here.

Rob L.

both of mine also

that's now how mine work too. not sure why they started to work again, but i did hit all the door jams,keyholes,hardware with a huge amount of wd40 last week. now my keys twist like a hot knife in butter and my doors have no squeeks at all.then it rained hard last night and the courtesy lights stopped again, DOH!

got my entry lights working full time now, the door jam plunger got a good oiling/cleaning, now they work great..

I REPLACED MY TWO DOME LIGHTS WITH TWO FROM A BRONCO II. THEY LOOK NICER AND HAVE A SWITCH THAT YOU CAN CONTROL LIKE THE FACTORYS. I USED THE LED's AND THEY ARE BRIGHTER AND DON'T DRAIN THE BATTERY WHEN WORKING ON THE TRUCK. YOU SHOULD CONSIDER IT....CAJUN