tire rubbing

Thank you very much for clearing that up I REALLY need to read though every thing as a full not just skim.

That I under stand and It is possible that they have a clear coat or some type of protective coating on them, That I don't know. Ill let you know when I get them. Which should be tuesday. And no Pete that is the 1 ? That I did forget to ask. I WILL ask him when I go over there tuesday. Thanks

Brandon

Came across this guy while out four wheeling, his wheel spacer failed and as you can see his tire came off. The spacer was not hubcentric and was just plain aluminum, not anodized. Where the lugnuts go was all wallowed out, not sure if they were loose or if it was just soft aluminum. Not saying the ones you are getting are bad, but make sure they are made out of the correct alloy, and your truck is looking good.

So, with all this wheel spacer talk, who has an image of a 'before & after' of the wheel spacers on their rig?... just so I can see how much of a difference it makes. Mudflap laws are big around here, after all.

I installed Spidertrax 1.25 inch wheel spacers.

Before

After

Before

After

The tire is still under the flare.

the axles are the same width. It's the bed of the MJ that's wider than the front fenders.

Thought that may be the case.

In light of that, should spacers only be put on the rear instead of all four corners, would it not screw with he geometry of the suspension? Is it better to have all four corners done at once as opposed to just the rear?... or would it be the same idea as a dually pick up- wider rear with a more narrow front (but without the extra set of tires and the drastic difference in rear width)?

the axles are the same width. It's the bed of the MJ that's wider than the front fenders.

Thought that may be the case.

In light of that, should spacers only be put on the rear instead of all four corners, would it not screw with he geometry of the suspension? Is it better to have all four corners done at once as opposed to just the rear?... or would it be the same idea as a dually pick up- wider rear with a more narrow front (but without the extra set of tires and the drastic difference in rear width)?

Rear only.

Remember, the spacers are being used to compensate for the fact that the Ford 8.8 rear axle is narrower than the stock MJ axle. Overall, you're really not changing the rear track by enough to make any difference (except that with the spacers your tires are no longer an interference fit with the springs and chassis, which is the problem when you slap in an 8.8).

I also asked all of the ?'s ya'll have asked me to ask and it looks like they check out. He said that They are just like the Spidertrax spacers just not painted.

Brandon

:fool: thats for asking questions and not READING the answers :shake:

Ok well today I got To day I got the wheel spacers. They were from rough country not the place he told me about. So They are fine. I installed them when I got home from school only took about 30min. They look great and stopped all rubbing. The only thing that piss's me off is that he still charged me 100 bucks for them even tho they are only 60 on rough country's sight. But thats fine. Any ways here is what they look like on my truck

Ill have better pic's tomarrow. Thanks alot guys for all of the help!

Brandon

yeah :( But its cool cuz on top of getting it fixed up I got to use a new tool (or to me it is). The power was out for like 30 min this after noon when I got home and wanted to put on my wheel spacers so I had to use my dads hand tools not any air tools. Well He had in his tool box this 1/2 ratchet That was 3' long :eek: You can see it layin on the bed rails of my truck. It was huge! It made breaking the lug nuts loose SOOOO easy. :clapping: I had fun doing it and thats all that matters to me :D

Brandon

Ok well today I got To day I got the wheel spacers. They were from rough country not the place he told me about. So They are fine.

RC spacers are not hub-centric nor are they anodized. For the same $100 you could of gotten a quality set of spacers...

Are lug centric spacers street legal?

Jim, no wheel spacers are street legal, according to the mfg. They are guaranteed for off-road only. This includes hub-centric, wheel-centric, and lug-centric and any combination thereof. Including SpiderTrax. Read the fine print. So if you are using spacers, as I am, make sure they are the best you can get, all-centric as above. Only a fool would settle for less to save a few $$. :nuts:

So if you are using spacers, as I am, make sure they are the best you can get, all-centric as above. Only a fool would settle for less to save a few $$. :nuts:

And anodized.

What's the big deal? It's only your life you're risking. :wall:

So if you are using spacers, as I am, make sure they are the best you can get, all-centric as above. Only a fool would settle for less to save a few $$. :nuts:

And anodized.

What's the big deal? It's only your life you're risking. :wall:

Don't forget about everyone else that's out on the road .

Its one thing if an idiot kills himself its another thing if he takes people with him.

A month ago I posted the Spidertrax "blemish" sale for $79.99 a pair. They still have some (in the Outlet) and I just got mine delivered 2 days ago. They took about 5 days to ship but I'm glad I passed up on the RC pair I saw on CL.