4 door Comanche in the wild, just saw this on jeep forum.

lostissues

Man, JF sure is filled with a bunch of idiots.

"or very rare crew cab MJ" :grrrr: :doh:

I was microseconds away from logging in and laying down the law when I read that.

Rob L.

Me too. But then I realized I just had to let it pass. JF is unlike any other Jeep forum out there, more bad information gets passed around there than anywhere else. I get the feeling the reason those people stay there and pass around bad information is that whenever they leave that site they get the smack down from their bad information. And, rather than suck it up and move on, run back to JF where they can just keep passing out their bad information without anyone calling them out on it.

Reminds me of the mid-eighties ford 3/4 and one tons (don't like it much), I'd rather have an extended cab and not have all that wheelbase. I think itd be cool to stretch a cab and use doors from a 2 door XJ, to help visibility and getting things from behind the seats...

Now if only I was worth a darn at fabricating :(

I was microseconds away from logging in and laying down the law when I read that.

Rob L.

Me too. But then I realized I just had to let it pass. JF is unlike any other Jeep forum out there, more bad information gets passed around there than anywhere else. I get the feeling the reason those people stay there and pass around bad information is that whenever they leave that site they get the smack down from their bad information. And, rather than suck it up and move on, run back to JF where they can just keep passing out their bad information without anyone calling them out on it.

Pete and Wade both post over there pretty extensively... :yes:

You must have never frequented JU...

Rob L.

Pete and Wade both post over there pretty extensively... :yes:

You must have never frequented JU...

Oh, I've been there too. Some real winners on both those sites.

My insurance company asked me if it was a 4 door when I put insurance on mine :rotf:

Insurance rep: "2 or 4 door?"

Me: "2 door... I wish they made a 4 door Comanche!"

Insurance rep: "well according to my computer they did, so you probably just haven't seen one yet"

Apparently my insurance company posts on JU :roll:

I'd also like one of these... guess I'll have to put it on the list of things to build when I'm old and rich.

My insurance company asked me if it was a 4 door when I put insurance on mine :rotf:

Insurance rep: "2 or 4 door?"

Me: "2 door... I wish they made a 4 door Comanche!"

Insurance rep: "well according to my computer they did, so you probably just haven't seen one yet"

Apparently my insurance company posts on JU :roll:

I'd also like one of these... guess I'll have to put it on the list of things to build when I'm old and rich.

You might want to make sure that you're actually insured for a Comanche and not a Cherokee.

I've had that happen to me before when applying for parking passes, etc. I tell them Comanche, they type in Cherokee. :doh:

Yep - double checked immediately. I'm actually insured for a COM ELIM which I guess is how they say Comanche Eliminator.

I think their computer just lists every bell whistle and extra option for any pickup ever made, instead of only the ones available for that vehicle. She also asked me if I had airbags or not (I will, as soon as I swap in the '96/96 XJ steering column I have. I paid 50 bucks for it and will save over four times that per year with the airbag deduction)

I've tried, I really have, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy this MJ. I thought I used to like this one:

But the proportions are just all wrong and it's entirely too long. I'm with kro10000 on this one, it looks too much like the old Ford crew cab longbeds that just look off to me. If the bed and wheelbase were shorter, I think it would look a lot better. Something like this:

my 2 cents. the first one is just no doen and is way to long

the red one with the 4 doors is way to long. looks well done but like a ford as stated

the 2nd red one does not look right becasue the box is just cut again not set on to have the right porpotions. no box in front of the rear tire...

I would rather have the long one...

but when i am done my 2dr with the short box you will all go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats it..... Well I hope you do...LOL

my 2 cents. the first one is just no doen and is way to long

the red one with the 4 doors is way to long. looks well done but like a ford as stated

the 2nd red one does not look right becasue the box is just cut again not set on to have the right porpotions. no box in front of the rear tire...

I would rather have the long one...

but when i am done my 2dr with the short box you will all go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats it..... Well I hope you do...LOL

If that one's too long, you really don't like this one ;) :

I used my 'mad paint skillz' to try it a few different ways:

:D

(funny thing is, I like the regular cab shortbed best. :dunno: )

and their you have it someone has way more time then I do to sit and make all the pics like that... LOL

I made those 5, or 6 years ago, atleast (feels more like 10 :ack: ).

There was a JU thread, with back and forth discussion whether or not the original pic was a chop.

Not wanting to miss an opportunity to mess with anyone's head, I starting chopping. :D

When they posted this as 'evidence':

I made this. :D

That second one is the best one I've ever seen. A while ago I say a very small build up thread on it somewhere. The guy does body work for a living and took a long bed truck, spliced in the rear doors of the XJ and left the wheel base alone. Bobbed the back end of it to round it out and poof, clean Crew Cab.

I swear I am going to build one of these some day. Just having a hard time with the thought up cutting up a cab...