4 door Comanche in the wild, just saw this on jeep forum.

lostissues

Pete and Wade both post over there pretty extensively... :yes:

You must have never frequented JU...

Doesn't mean we post anything worthwhile (mostly TJ Dribble for me).... And I don't go to JU any more either...

Okay... I wasnt referring to you Wade... but hey... that means at least three of our members post there on regular basis..

wasn't a crew cab, but someone built (or paid to have built) an extended cab MJ somewhere down my way. I saw what remained of it in my local junkyard last year:

Image Not Found

It must have been a 4WD at one time (still had the TC shifter in the cab) but had a 2WD tranny in it and a 2WD beam axle under the front.

One of the strangest things I've ever come across in the 'yard.....

Jeff

wasn't a crew cab, but someone built (or paid to have built) an extended cab MJ somewhere down my way. I saw what remained of it in my local junkyard last year:

Image Not Found

It must have been a 4WD at one time (still had the TC shifter in the cab) but had a 2WD tranny in it and a 2WD beam axle under the front.

One of the strangest things I've ever come across in the 'yard.....

Jeff

Whats stranger is that the hood insulation is perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I made those 5, or 6 years ago, atleast (feels more like 10 :ack: ).

There was a JU thread, with back and forth discussion whether or not the original pic was a chop.

Not wanting to miss an opportunity to mess with anyone's head, I starting chopping. :D

I came across the old thread.

It's a little tougher to follow with some of the pics missing,

but the thread is still there:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sh ... p?t=247934

I've tried, I really have, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy this MJ. I thought I used to like this one:

But the proportions are just all wrong and it's entirely too long.

I almost like it, but I agree with you ... it's just too long. It might be better if it had just used a shortbed box, but overall I think it really needs a shortbed box PLUS smaller rear doors -- sort of like the half doors in the rear of GM full-size pickups. (Not the true crew cabs.)

That 4-door long bed above should be about 18 or 19 feet long, based off my calculations for a similar design. I'm thinking about doing almost the same thing, except using a 2-door XJ and SWB MJ. I'm not completely decided though, I'm still playing with numbers and designs before I get started.