HELP NEED IDEAS AND OPINIONS

Jakeman17

So here's the deal. I had worked out a deal with my dad to take over insurance and payment on my 09 G6. Well he and is GF have been laid off since October. i was making all my payments until i was laid off in March and could not make payment which i said i would get a loan ect. Well he said he could do it and help me since I'm still a full time student. Well his GF just told me today that they can no longer afford my payments of my car and my insurance. He has a 2008 Yukon Denili XL and a 06 Mercury Milan also with payments. I have no money saved it was all used to pay of debt I'm still in. I have been looking for a job since March. can't afford payments. I'm young looking for some guidance not really sure what to do with out putting myself in the hole.

So my question is WHAT DO I DO??

I went through something like this about this time last year,I got laid off and 2 weeks later my wife got laid off.

Unemployment barely kept a roof over my head and both of my new cars had to go.

have you talked to the bank? usually they can defer a couple payments. that might take care of you till august

I gotta have a job to pay for it though....

you maybe be getting all the money we can possbably throw at you so we can get insurence on it and i can drive it but don't hold me to it Ashley and I still need to talk it over for real.

I'm sorry, I really don't feel sorry for you(other than the loosing your job part). Youre too young for a brand new car anyways. Loose the Pontiac to your dad, and find yourself a beater.... no full coverage insurance, no payments, park it anywhere. Beaters are charachter builders. And great learning devices. Youll be suprised what you can make work when you have to and have little to no cash. And no car payment will leave you that much farther ahead on money when you do get another job.

I wanted to get a used car when my other car was totaled but i was told no. My dad refuses to buy used car even though i was paying for it. I am planning on loosing it and have been looking for something different for awhile now. but not having a job and getting unemployment enough for gas to and from school is not working at all. I put myself into debt early and it was stupid but thats why i have nothing saved bc it all went into debit when i was working

I wanted to get a used car when my other car was totaled but i was told no. My dad refuses to buy used car even though i was paying for it. I am planning on loosing it and have been looking for something different for awhile now. but not having a job and getting unemployment enough for gas to and from school is not working at all. I put myself into debt early and it was stupid but thats why i have nothing saved bc it all went into debit when i was working

Pat and I might have another MJ in the woodwork, '91, 4.0L HO, AW4, NP231... Needs an engine. Maybe the three of us can work something out.

Rob L.

Idea:

Find part time work. I do not know how old you are, but most landscape installation crews will be getting swamped with work this time of the year. They always need help. Just about every business in the service industry always needs help. Won't be good pay and many people may look down on you, but it will bring home a paycheck to help with the bills.

Also, ditch the new car. The payments and insurance alone are reason enough to get rid of it. With the cash from the car sale, buy a beater and continue to make the car payments, cause they aint going away. But the beaters insurance should be much less than the pontiacs.

Opinion:

Don't go in debt for something you really do not need.

Never, ever, buy a new car. Growing up, my folks only bought one vehicle that wasn't used, a 92XJ. But they drove it into the ground for many years. Even their most recent purchases have been used.

If the car is in YOUR name and are at least 18, you can do what ever you want. Don't default on any payments expecting somebody to take them over in the future. That is how you wined up on TV in front of Judge Judy.

Try not to live paycheck to paycheck. Make sure there is a little bit left when the next check comes.

The only real way to come out of this is to cut your losses, reduce the dollar amount of bills coming in, any find some supplemental income. I bet if you jump on monster.com, there will be many jobs available within 20 miles from you, most of which you will not want to do.

yesterday i saw a guy on a bike with a lawnmower tied to the back... its summer knock on some doors and get a tan...

life is tuff, wouldnt be worth living if it wasnt.

Beaters are charachter builders.
woot!

i would imagine they're upside down on the 09, unless there was a decent down payment.

its a shame, i don't know when this country decided it is normal to be in debt up to your eyeballs. i'm never using debt again, save and pay, thats the only way i'm doing things.

i would imagine they're upside down on the 09, unless there was a decent down payment.

its a shame, i don't know when this country decided it is normal to be in debt up to your eyeballs. i'm never using debt again, save and pay, thats the only way i'm doing things.

Same... with the possible exception of a mortgage, but I'm aiming for a fixer upper. I like my basket case projects, both the vehicular and housing sorts...

New cars are a complete waste; they lose thousands of dollars in value as soon as you drive them off the lot. I have spent less on the 3 vehicles I own now (91 MJ, 96 XJ, 98 XJ) then I would have spent on a new top of the line Honda Accord, and I can keep at least one of them in daily driveable condition at any given moment.

I term this the RAIV, "redundant array of inexpensive vehicles."

Whatever you do, get rid of the car before it sucks you under farther. No car is worth going into debt over (not able to make payments on it) in my opinion.

You wanted my advise, thats it.

If it comes down to it, talk to the bank about surrendering the vehicle as opposed to (1) making them find you/dodging their calls and/or (2) repo'ing it. Sometimes they will work with you and your credit score won't take as big of a hit.

I care bc of the money I put into it. but i will let it go bci know i can't afford it.

Yes it is a Pontiac G6 your right.

Pontiac to me is like Jeeps to you!

Not saying i don't like jeeps but i do have a Pontiac tattoo on my arm

I care bc of the money I put into it. but i will let it go bci know i can't afford it.

Yes it is a Pontiac G6 your right.

Pontiac to me is like Jeeps to you!

Not saying i don't like jeeps but i do have a Pontiac tattoo on my arm

#1 lesson.

DON'T spend money on something you don't even own yet. drive it, use it, mod it when it's actually yours.

I have NEVER bought any vehicle on payments, etc...save several parts vehicles, which were joint purchases.

stop learning the hard way, then.

YOU put yourself in your position.

we have all been there...or those of us who had to "learn the hard way" have. and those of us who learned the hard way, want to smack someone who is learning the hard way.