whats the best accessory youve ever bought....heres mine

STERLING STINGER

They make cup holders from the factory that clip on to the side of the console. Look for them in the junkyard... Keeps a nice looking factory style, and isn't sitting there in the way of your arm when shifting.

Rob L.

They make cup holders from the factory that clip on to the side of the console. Look for them in the junkyard... Keeps a nice looking factory style, and isn't sitting there in the way of your arm when shifting.

Rob L.

I have that style in the XJ and they are good. I have the other style in the MJ and the suck. Thay are not deep enough and the cups tip over. I usually put my bottle, I mean cup, in front of the cup holder where the e-brake handle would be.

Rob L.

Says the guy with an enormous cup holder on his dashboard....

What was the topic of this thread again??? OH YEAH!!! Best accessory! UHM... I'm not sure if they count as accessories, but the fabric type tow strap that I bought (used) has come in handy sooo many times, and if youre pulling, it really cuts down on the jerking that you might get if you used a chain. The other is a LARGE guage jumper cable set. They make such a difference over the small cheapies you find in most places. Other than those, a cell phone to call for help has been the best! These all were a lot more usefull when I had nothing but old VW's to drive. I don't even carry a phone anymore... whats that say about my Jeep!

Rob L.

Says the guy with an enormous cup holder on his dashboard....

Hey, that was installed by the previous keymaster.

Rob L.

I don't even carry a phone anymore... whats that say about my Jeep!

It says you're living on borrowed time. :cheers: I don't carry one either, but sooner or later it will happen. Hopefully later. :D

Have to think about what was the most useful, had several. Now what was the most useless? Don't even have to think about it. Wife got me a gadget that fit over the hump with places for 2 cups and a CB radio. I was driving a '77 J20,4sp, shift rod stuck up out of the middle of the hump and I already had a 500W ham radio under the dash. Think I finally gave it to the kid across the street to put in his Toyota.

yeah, I've had water bottles stay in the holder on my bike even while I was trying to untangle myself from them, lying on the ground...

Best accessory I have so far - the made-to-fit (says "jeep SB" on the outside!) bedliner I picked up for $50 at the junkyard a few weeks ago :D hides ALMOST all of the rust on the bed, though I know it's still under there, eating away... :ack:

Other good ones - good solid forged lugnut cross wrench I keep behind the driver's seat, and an extendable snow broom / ice scraper that is 5 feet long when opened. That one did double duty keeping the sagging headliner off my head for a few months this spring :rotf: extended it till it was wide enough to sit on top of the oh-crap handles and left it there.