A must see .... TRIP PICS FINALLY UP! Pg 6 *****************

Automan2164

like many of you...i would love to have something like that by the time i die. i wonder how much time all that took to get?

see that bag with the center caps for turbine rims? what would it take to get those sent to 49507? i see the box next to it just says "center cap 86 xj," is that part of the same set?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how things happen I was thinking how cool that would be to see your find. Then I got a call to a old and house barn today and sitting in the barn, 62 plymouth volare convertable a 34 ford and one of thoses james bond cars look to be all fiberglass. Nothing has been run since mid 80`s. I quess there was a ton of NOS chevy parts but there gone also was a early lincoln that was sold allready. They are sitting on brick floors so this may have helped the frames he said $500.00 for the 62. I have allways been a mopar guy but that year is just UGLY. Sorry I did not have my camera we may be hauling the scrap out of there if we do I will get some pics.

Strange how things happen I was thinking how cool that would be to see your find. Then I got a call to a old and house barn today and sitting in the barn, 62 plymouth volare convertable a 34 ford and one of thoses james bond cars look to be all fiberglass. Nothing has been run since mid 80`s. I quess there was a ton of NOS chevy parts but there gone also was a early lincoln that was sold allready. They are sitting on brick floors so this may have helped the frames he said $500.00 for the 62. I have allways been a mopar guy but that year is just UGLY. Sorry I did not have my camera we may be hauling the scrap out of there if we do I will get some pics.

Err, the Plymouth Volaré didn't debut until the 1976. That 62 model is very rare - you should grab it. :D Sure you don't mean a Plymouth Valiant? Now, those were really ugly..............

Ok wow that place looks my place in 20 or 30 years from now with cars too

how do I git some of this stuff...I am a AMC NUT.. I am putting a XJ?MJ on a j10....would love to have engines... I would take a week or 2 off and come pick up engines...

Man that my kind of musium to walk through...

maybe I can find some parts for the CJ and the 59 willy pick...

Just talked to the family today, and confirmed everything for the 10th of April. House is in Woodstock, IL 60098. Everything save a few items is for sale. The engines pictured... A J-10 frame/roller out back, the willy's cab in the 4 car... All must go. Any comanche club members are welcome.

Rob L.

Looks like she wants to start early, so I think we will be shooting for around 9 AM start time there.

So far from what I have heard, this is the list of participants:

automan2164

89eliminator

Jeepdocdave

$500MJ

whowey

88MJXLS

Jakeman17

Pete_M

Geonovast

Lenard

More details to follow in the trip thread.

Rob L.

Gonna have to nix my name off the list Rob.

Correy offered me to ride with him, but if i did that i would miss a day of college classes,

which right now with psychology, i can't afford to miss a day.

sorry guys.

:wall: :wall:

Wow. That's just an amazing collection, and he sounds like an awesome guy.

I remember that kinda of the same thing happened when my Grandad passed. He had been a mechanic his whole life and when he "retired", built a 2-car shop in his backyard for a hobby/extra-income. When we went to clean the place out out, it was overwhelming - so many miscellaneous parts & supplies that none of us really had a need or space for at the time. We kept some small stuff, like display shelves, signs, etc., as mementos - but had to have an estate sale to handle the rest. It was mostly Ford/GM/Mopar stuff ... so nothing incredibly rare, Certainly not like this guy's place.

I think it's really cool that other enthusiasts are going to get first crack at it.

(BTW - that fiberglass shell looks like an AMX/3 That's an amazing find all by itself, and I hope someone is able to save/use it.)

Updated list.

automan2164

89eliminator

Jeepdocdave

$500MJ

whowey

88MJXLS

Jakeman17

JeepcoMJ

Pete_M

Geonovast

Possum

MCF90?

My thoughts are to have everyone come over to my place to meet, and head over from there. The shop is about 20 minutes away from me. If you don't know my addy, shoot me a PM, and I'll shoot it back.

Rob L.

All I can say is WOW! That gentleman deserves something more so other lovers of AMC and Jeep appreciate his life long AMC/Jeep accomplishments. If it is OK with his family do you think we might have a section in comancheclub dedicated to such Jeep legends? We could post up the pics that Automan got from his shop and maybe from the April 10 get together? I am certain that there will be others deserving to be chronicled in that section as time passes. It could be our tribute to folks that gave their life and soul to jeeps.

I plan to do something like that once I can get a real website up and running. :thumbsup: Tom Swatzell is first on the list. (those who were on the yahoo group back in the day should remember Tom). A great Jeep guy that passed on way too early. :(

Wonder if anybody in that crowd going up would be willing to trade a J20 grill for a MJ MT rear drive shaft?

I would have to wrastle Will for that (whowey) but I will keep an eye out, since I am in need of said driveshaft.

Rob L. ;)

I plan to do something like that once I can get a real website up and running. :thumbsup: Tom Swatzell is first on the list. (those who were on the yahoo group back in the day should remember Tom). A great Jeep guy that passed on way too early. :(

I'll drink to that Pete. :cheers: Great guy.

That would be great to have our own "In memoriam" dedicated to such people :thumbsup: