Less Rusty 92 MJ

8-91 checked that before I bought it, was only slighty disapointed.

Probably going to grab a AX15 with external slave from a cherokee in the scrap yard, then pull apart this one and see if I can learn how to fix em. Would be much cheaper in the long run. Supposedly the D35 is newly rebuilt, so it might last awhile, I don't plan to do any crawling. It looks good in the pics but it has a few spots that need attention, the passenger floor pan is shot. The bed is lined and the frame and underside of the bed are coated as well. The front and rear suspension are pretty rusty. Initially I am just going to clean it up. Did you notice the throttle body spacer, the PO claimed a 5mpg increase with that. I'll have to track my mileage to see if that pans out.

Those are stock shackles in the back and you have AAL's. It's between the main leaf and the stock 2nd leaf. Notice how the stock leafs have friction pads on the ends, plus the AAL is shorter than the stock #2 leaf. Damn nice looking truck overall. Do you mind sharing what you paid for it? Mileage?

Thanks for all the compliments, I got it for $1000. :banana:

Ok, I didn't think those leafs were stock. Near as I can tell that AAL is the only lift in the back. I looked under the front and didnt see any pucks, so maybe it has larger springs?

The tires are 31 x 10.

It's got 188k on the meter, but I know thats off since I was doing 70 on the highway but the meter only showed 65. So the meter should be higher or lower? I think higher.

Thanks for all the compliments, I got it for $1000. :banana:

Ok, I didn't think those leafs were stock. Near as I can tell that AAL is the only lift in the back. I looked under the front and didnt see any pucks, so maybe it has larger springs?

The tires are 31 x 10.

It's got 188k on the meter, but I know thats off since I was doing 70 on the highway but the meter only showed 65. So the meter should be higher or lower? I think higher.

Man, that's a steal! Yup, you've got AALs only in the back, and 3" coils of some kind up front if you don't have any pucks. With the stance/height it has and the clearance over the 31s, definitely the standard 3" lift. 31's are roughly 9-10% taller than the stock 225/75s it came on back in the day, so even if it's been lifted all of its life you're in the low 200k range on mileage, probably somewhere in the middle (190s) assuming it's been lifte maybe half its life. Regardless, if it runs good and with the few minor issues you noted, you absolutely stole that MJ. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Thats a nice lookin MJ jamminz.gif I'm not too sure I like those rims but everything else is pretty sick especially the smoked taillights! Idk if thats illegal in your state but in NY the cops hate it :( You mind telling everyone what you got goin on with the air intake?

I'm stuck, trying to check the detent spring without pulling the tranny. But I can't figure out what bit fits the ball lock nut. I am pretty sure its Torx, but the T30 is too small and the T40 is too big and according to Napa no one makes a T35? Anyone got a AX15 laying around they can check for me?

Just picked this up. Drove it home with no 3rd gear.

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

Wow, wow, wow. I really like your truck. I was originally trying to get Hellcats for my truck, but like Kittrell said - they have been out of production for years. There are so many new members and rigs it is hard to keep up - that is a very good thing. Welcome :cheers:

Wow, wow, wow. I really like your truck. I was originally trying to get Hellcats for my truck, but like Kittrell said - they have been out of production for years. There are so many new members and rigs it is hard to keep up - that is a very good thing. Welcome :cheers:

dude i googled it,

and i found some

http://www.desertrat.com/products/?id=5129

better hurry, its the last of their stock, so they are selling them for dirt cheap

enjoy :D

Thank you!

I am driving it everyday... comanche.gif

I've figured out a list of things that need worked:

Fuel Gauge/Sensor - Filled the tank and it only shows 1/3-1/2 tank

Can't figure out how to turn the fog lights on... :oops:

3rd Gear - Still trying to find a T35 bit, sheesh.

There are some wiring issues, sometimes the dome lights work and sometimes they don't, and sometimes only the passenger one works... :dunno:

There is some wander in the front end.

Passenger floor pan is rusted through, Drivers is not as bad. Several other spots need to be cleaned up, especially behind the passenger rear flare.

Oh yeah, am I gonna hurt anything by driving 25 mph in 4th gear? :oops: