Powerblock TV needs an MJ

Rebelfish99

I don't want that on a TV show....the last thing I think we need is people finding out that these things are rare. I wouldn't have had nearly as many MJ's as I have if people knew much about them.

case and point...I bought an 86 yesterday for $50. the tail lights are mint, and worth 5 times what I paid for it. sort of a nice feeling.

^^^^ I was thinking the same thing but didnt post. I agree they are more about the advertising than the builds. If they would spend more time with the actual builds maybe they wouldnt be getting knocked like they do with real car guys. Those shows are for all the guys who love to look at cars and stuff but have no talent or ability to work on them themselves. And don't even get me started on the OVERACTING!!!!! The only one that was ever good was extreme4x4, but now that Jesse is gone, that show has gone down the tubes too. And last weekend.... 2 whole shows on with nothing but RC cars! I like RC cars and stuff, but I don't think shows like theirs should be dedicated to it when there is soo much other stuff they could be doing!

exactly. Trucks was cool with that stacey dude too, but now its another loud mouth guy who is more focused on being manly than being a mechanic. And i do agree with the other prior comment too about not mainstreaming mj's. it would be devistating for our group to be overrun by people who want one just because they were on that show and now they are willing to give 15k for a 500 dollar jeep. that wouldnt do at all :shake: :shake: :shake:

:hijack: Well, how about the old school "Shade Tree Mechanic" show? That was a real auto show. They took their time explaining what they were doing and they were really mechanics.

I did like Stacey from Trucks and that is still my favorite Powerblock TV show.

Oh, did I mention I hate that blonde on the show, she is more suited for a photograph model.

:hijack: Well, how about the old school "Shade Tree Mechanic" show? That was a real auto show. They took their time explaining what they were doing and they were really mechanics.

Oh, did I mention I hate that blonde on the show, she is more suited for a photograph model.

Until the Shade Tree monkeys got into trouble for removing the cat on a Monte SS...

They are still on TV.. on Speed. Two Guy Garage is their show now.

Stacy David is also on Speed now. Gearz is his show.

I don't want MJs on Powerblock either.. Too many perfectly good vehicles have gone to the crusher because of appearing on that stuff. Stacy David's webpage used to have an eye opening set of posts about that subject.

Yeah I know a blond joke or two.

Not really sticking up for Courtney Hanson, well OK, yeah I am. Seems she's not just a smokin hot bod, but she's got some pretty deep roots in the auto world, her family's got quite a racing history to back her up.

^^^^ I was thinking the same thing but didnt post. I agree they are more about the advertising than the builds. If they would spend more time with the actual builds maybe they wouldnt be getting knocked like they do with real car guys. Those shows are for all the guys who love to look at cars and stuff but have no talent or ability to work on them themselves. And don't even get me started on the OVERACTING!!!!! The only one that was ever good was extreme4x4, but now that Jesse is gone, that show has gone down the tubes too. And last weekend.... 2 whole shows on with nothing but RC cars! I like RC cars and stuff, but I don't think shows like theirs should be dedicated to it when there is soo much other stuff they could be doing!

i have seen jessie working with mythbusters alot did she go there

i second that shade tree mechanic was bad @$$ it was hands on teaching and learning and great for first timers. i watched that everytime it was on.

stacy david wasnt bad on trucks nither he went the extra mile to show viewers how to do things

I hated Stacy from trucks the most! He was the worst of the overactors on those shows... I'm glad he's gone! Isnt he on Speed tv now or something? I remember one time, I think he built a bronco.... they had the paint job all done and pretty and THEN, they cut the fenders to put on some bigger flares! don't you think they should have thought about that before they painted it? And shadetree mechanic was far from shadetree. How many people do you know that consider themselves shadetree mechanics that have a fully stocked shop with above ground hoist? I wouldnt have minded so much if they didnt call it shadetree mechanic! A real shadtree mechanic works on the gravel in his driveway pulling engines with a floor jack and some 2x4's and a pile of cardboard to lay on! Lets get real!

Back when I owned my pathfinder (VERY underrated wheeler BTW) I was a member of a pathfinder offroad association. When we heard that Xtreme was gonna be doing a pathfinder build, we about crapped our pants.....then they just made it a mild offroader for camera crap :wall:

Also, Jessie (the chick from extreme) went to the same tech school as I did and was from my hometown. But I do agree she was just there cuz she was a hot chick that could weld. Every greasemonkey's dream. She was only there for ratings

Back when I owned my pathfinder (VERY underrated wheeler BTW) I was a member of a pathfinder offroad association. When we heard that Xtreme was gonna be doing a pathfinder build, we about crapped our pants.....then they just made it a mild offroader for camera crap :wall:

Also, Jessie (the chick from extreme) went to the same tech school as I did and was from my hometown. But I do agree she was just there cuz she was a hot chick that could weld. Every greasemonkey's dream. She was only there for ratings

didn't that pathfinder get like 36 or 38" tires? i didn't think it was that mild.

I hated Stacy from trucks the most! He was the worst of the overactors on those shows... I'm glad he's gone! Isnt he on Speed tv now or something? I remember one time, I think he built a bronco.... they had the paint job all done and pretty and THEN, they cut the fenders to put on some bigger flares! don't you think they should have thought about that before they painted it? And shadetree mechanic was far from shadetree. How many people do you know that consider themselves shadetree mechanics that have a fully stocked shop with above ground hoist? I wouldnt have minded so much if they didnt call it shadetree mechanic! A real shadtree mechanic works on the gravel in his driveway pulling engines with a floor jack and some 2x4's and a pile of cardboard to lay on! Lets get real!

Haha i guess I'm redneck/shade tree mechanic because i work in gravel but pull motors with a backhoe and tractors :yes:

I consider anyone that does not work at a buisness performing automotive repair is a shadetree mechanic. I used to work at a couple automotive places and still consider myself a shadetree because it's my hobby. I liked the work but I enjoy it more at home. I do miss the hoist though, and I plan on building a new pole barn complete with a lift. There are many types, working on the ground in the dead of winter to living in Phoenix working in an air conditioned pole barn with a lift and $30,000 of tools for the job.

I commend everyone who appreciates and enjoys their work, no matter what the budget.

To those with a vision large or small, for it is the end result that's worth the effort.