Everyone on the Forum must be selling their tail lights.

AmJay

The only people who wud pay over $50 for a set of MJ tail lights is someone who's pockets are as deep as their ego is swollen. They're going to cop first prize at the car show no matter the cost. Personally I believe these prices are being created by a couple scam artists trying to create a overpriced market for their goods.

The only people who wud pay over $50 for a set of MJ tail lights is someone who's pockets are as deep as their ego is swollen. They're going to cop first prize at the car show no matter the cost. Personally I believe these prices are being created by a couple scam artists trying to create a overpriced market for their goods.

Well, I was one of the more recent ones to sell a set and get crazy price... I paid almost $60 to leave the Pik-N-Pull with them, and was just hoping to get my money back and make a couple bucks... I sure wasn't expecting $200 for a pair of lights.

Simple Supply and Demand... as long as there are people willing to pay $150-$300, there will be people who will sell them for that. If I had a dozen pair and could get $150 for each pair, each and every one of them would be on Ebay right now... I don't think that makes me a 'scam artist'

There's a $200 difference between $150 and $350. You don't have a accomplice bidding on your item jacking the price up. So no, your not a scam artist. Yes it is a supply and demand market but sometimes that market can be manipulated.

There's a $200 difference between $150 and $350. You don't have a accomplice bidding on your item jacking the price up. So no, your not a scam artist. Yes it is a supply and demand market but sometimes that market can be manipulated.

Gotcha... I didn't think about the shill bidding that can and does happen on FleaBay...

I think it's more ignorance. The people paying that much don't do their research... they don't shop around, and they don't know about places like CC. They think the vehicle is more rare than it actually is, so they just assume everything's going to be offensively expensive.

NOS MJ tail lamps are still around. I just found a new left side lamp (black stripe) from a dealer in TX for $72. Unfortunately they didn't have the right side to go with it.

Buy it anyway, and flip it for twice what you paid on eBay.

I paid $50 last summer for a pair at a Jeep junkyard. They were in near mint condition. So much so that I am afraid to put them on. I thought that was a little high. A little while back, I found one plain NOS tail light and paid $40 for it. I thought it was well worth it assuming someday I find the other NOS taillight.

But $100 - $300 is unbelievable. I don't get it.

I paid $50 last summer for a pair at a Jeep junkyard. They were in near mint condition. So much so that I am afraid to put them on. I thought that was a little high. A little while back, I found one plain NOS tail light and paid $40 for it. I thought it was well worth it assuming someday I find the other NOS taillight.

But $100 - $300 is unbelievable. I don't get it.

i sold my first set, for $350 shipped, just recently on Ebay. the guy is in the UK. he said that getting parts, especially brake lights, is next to impossible where he is. he said that he is trying to buy a load of parts because people are looking for them. he also said that he should be able to sell the tail lights for $500-$600.

About 2 months ago I spotted a '88 LB 4WD in a guys back yard. 4.0, 5spd, Owner said it didn't run and he didn[t know why. He wanted $600. Would go by about everyother week and check on it. It was complete, nothing missing, nothing broke, nothing rusted.Yesterday I went by and both tail lights, Rear bumper,all 4 wheels, front grill and headlight assy were gone. Talked to the owner. He wanted $300 for what was left. To make a long story short we haggled for 45 minutes. I gave him $65 and he gave me the title. I go back Sat and get it.

About 2 months ago I spotted a '88 LB 4WD in a guys back yard. 4.0, 5spd, Owner said it didn't run and he didn[t know why. He wanted $600. Would go by about everyother week and check on it. It was complete, nothing missing, nothing broke, nothing rusted.Yesterday I went by and both tail lights, Rear bumper,all 4 wheels, front grill and headlight assy were gone. Talked to the owner. He wanted $300 for what was left. To make a long story short we haggled for 45 minutes. I gave him $65 and he gave me the title. I go back Sat and get it.

Dayem, that's better than Wisconsin prices and it's not a rust bucket either. :cheers:

So.......I was wrong.......again :(

Checked this morning, and the one set sold for $150......but.....it had 10 bids.....all from the same bidder :hmm:

Me smells something funny there :roll:

And.......streetjeep2.5.......Thanks for posting that up.......I was thinking of the same thing with a few sets I got collecting dust :brows:

So.......I was wrong.......again :(

Checked this morning, and the one set sold for $150......but.....it had 10 bids.....all from the same bidder :hmm:

Me smells something funny there :roll:

And.......streetjeep2.5.......Thanks for posting that up.......I was thinking of the same thing with a few sets I got collecting dust :brows:

I think if the winning bidder put in automatic bidding, it will only show his name up to the point until he has been outbid, just his name nobody outbids him. Not sure, but IIRC.

Wahoo is right on the bidding. You can specify the maximum bid your willing to make and EBay automatically raises your 's until the other party drops or your bid gets beat. Each time they only show the winner.

Got my new toy home this afternoon. Kickin my butt for not getting it while it was still complete. Oh well. Put 4 wheels on it so I could load it on the trailer. After unloading first thing I did was try to start it. Spent 30 minutes checking relays, voltages etc trying to figure out why it wasn't getting gas. Finally put 2 Gallons in the tank and it fired right up. Sometimes I just don't figure me out. Runs great, everything works. Now to strip a XJ out and get everything missing. Still need a rear bumper but just gonna make one.