Accessory

How worn is your key? I've seen worn out keys work forward but not turn back. Could also be a switch and/or switch adjustment problem, or could be the cylinder itself at fault. Aren't I a big help :wall:

Try wiggling the key while turning back to accessory. If you are really ambitious, reach under dash and find the rod on the lower column that connects the cyl and the switch and pull back on it while turning the key and see what happens.

if yours is the stick shift with the key release latch type thing on it then it won't turn back.. mine doesnt. and its not like its stuck... it wasnt designed to.

(mines a 89 sportruck manual with no options, just for reference)

Really? MY 89 sportuck manual with no options and the funky latch thing has an ACC postion that it turns back to.

if yours is the stick shift with the key release latch type thing on it then it won't turn back.. mine doesnt. and its not like its stuck... it wasnt designed to.

Really? MY 89 sportuck manual with no options and the funky latch thing has an ACC postion that it turns back to.

hm. do you have intermitten wipers or anything?

hm. do you have intermitten wipers or anything?

They're an option? $#!&, I thought Jeep was better than that.

It had basically 4wd and full gauges and tilt streering, intermittent wipers... Okay, so it had a few options. Maybe the tilt steering? Dunno. My Xj has tilt and it turns back.

alright ill specify more options i have. its not a total baseline model.

NO tilt wheel

NO intermitten wipers. low/high/one wipe/spray

NO switches in the 4 slots beside the wheel.

full gauges

4.0 liter

and even if i push it in and play with the switch and all that there is definately NO ACC spot. i went out and played with her.

It *should* be there....you just need the right combo of pushing, depressing, pulling, etc. :D

When I got my MJ (second owner, PO died so I really couldn't ask him about it), I couldn't get the ACC to work. I figured it must not have been an option because everything else was baseline (rubber mat, AM radio, no A/C or power anything). About a year later I was cleaning the interior and must have hit the magic combination because it turned backwards and the radio came on (albeit it was very unhappy about it). Soon after the key got stuck inside so I had to replace the cylinder. New one works like a charm now...so good in fact that I can switch back to ACC then back to off and pull the key out, but it stays in ACC mode. I have to twist the cylinder just a tad until it clicks, then it all shuts off :nuts:

Jeff