BA 10/5 fill plug tool

has anyone found a supplier here in the US of such a tool? I have found several in the UK but I can't find one in the US. I tried making one out of an extension but it keeps twisting.

I'm getting a quote from the vendor below on shipping. If shipping isn't that much more I might get like 5 of them in case someone else needs one.

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/8mm-Square ... aper-DDPK6

if shipping is too high, i might try getting an impact strength ext or something to try building another tool.

i just had another thought, my dad is a freakin machinist, i bet he can make one!

get a cheap, short 3/8" extension and grind it down until it fits, then use the longest ratchet you can find and break her loose!....

I've tried that already a couple times and the part that I grind down just twists until it almost breaks off.

sheesh..

the trusty alternative backup is to pull the console, and the shifter out, measure out the case capacity, DRAIN it ALLL out... and fill it up through the top.

i've done this before as well.

edit: come to think of it i think i broke my "tool" on the way out last time and had to make another one... try cutting the end with the ball off and doing it where its solid metal, that way you don't have the hollow detent ball opening decreasing strength

just an update I had a few minutes yesterday so I took a 3/8 allen head socket and ground it to about 8mm using my bench grinder. i used a squirt bottle and squirted water on it the whole time to keep it cool and it worked like a charm. The funny thing was that the plug came out really easy, I didn't even need the pipe on the end of my pull handle. Initially I thought something broke, maybe I loosened it up earlier or actually did use PB Blaster, I'm not sure.

I ended up having to put what seems like a 1/2 gallon of gear oil in it so It won't surprise me if you see a new thread soon asking questions about replacing the BA 10/5 :-)

just an update I had a few minutes yesterday so I took a 3/8 allen head socket and ground it to about 8mm using my bench grinder. i used a squirt bottle and squirted water on it the whole time to keep it cool and it worked like a charm. The funny thing was that the plug came out really easy, I didn't even need the pipe on the end of my pull handle. Initially I thought something broke, maybe I loosened it up earlier or actually did use PB Blaster, I'm not sure.

I ended up having to put what seems like a 1/2 gallon of gear oil in it so It won't surprise me if you see a new thread soon asking questions about replacing the BA 10/5 :-)

nah, as long as you hate its existence it'll last forever just to torture you :yes: