Watch the carnage at your own risk

glundblad

ya, this is posted in the cash for clunkers thread.

its hard to watch, almost like an abortion video for me to watch. the complete logic void is astounding.

that renix could've brought one of our trucks or jeeps back to life.

This stimulus carnage was created by dip-$#!&s who have never touched an engine in their life-time, nor gottten grease under theirn finger nails. Wrecking yards are gonna be over flowing and JU parts prices rising.

i'm a little confused how an increase in parts makes the price go up? kinda the opposite of supply and demand. but not important, i don't think many parts are gonna get sold. i think they are going to tow them to the scrap yard, and the yards are not gonna spend much time salvaging parts from our beloved vehicles, the influx in vehicles will probably make them rush them to the crusher, since that is the mandatory destination for the vehicle.

And it continues: :ack:

"ZJ old enough to be put in a museum." F-er.

Nicer than my ZJ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBilHH5 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuYzqYD5tzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiYQGHHFscM

I sent a nasty message to the "Steve White VW" How to kill a clunker. I just can't take this laying down. Lets just say, I hope there isn't a language filter on their incoming emails. ;)

I will put the flag in my yard at half mast until I feel better about all of these deaths. I am sure there are A LOT of lower-middle class people who would love these WJ's/ZJ's/XJ's...

I

I

I

I

I :USAflag:

I

I

I

I

Rob L.

And it continues: :ack: I will put the flag in my yard at half mast until I feel better about all of these deaths. I am sure there are A LOT of lower-middle class people who would love these WJ's/ZJ's/XJ's...

Nope, can't watch any more of this crap Rob. Already kicked the dog and flung the cat. :D (not really). Hope your email gets heeded by these freaks. :nuts:

i'm a little confused how an increase in parts makes the price go up? kinda the opposite of supply and demand. but not important, i don't think many parts are gonna get sold. i think they are going to tow them to the scrap yard, and the yards are not gonna spend much time salvaging parts from our beloved vehicles, the influx in vehicles will probably make them rush them to the crusher, since that is the mandatory destination for the vehicle.

The owner of RT.14 Auto Parts was on WBBM this morning talking about it. He said that even though ONLY the engine and transmission have to go to the crusher.. entire vehicles are going to end up going because parts prices are dropping already and steel scrap prices have ticked up.

The owner of RT.14 Auto Parts was on WBBM this morning talking about it. He said that even though ONLY the engine and transmission have to go to the crusher.. entire vehicles are going to end up going because parts prices are dropping already and steel scrap prices have ticked up.

The guy at 14 thinks his stuff is made of gold anyway.

Rob L.

Maybe there's just something sick and twisted about me, but it kinda puts a smile on my face to get a real world idea of just what a jeep motor can go through before it gives up :yes: Everything from that newer red Grand Cherokee to that xj with 246,000 or whatever it had on it. I am seriously suprised they lasted that long. Guess that explains how some of these Jeeps that come into my shop keep going as well as they do, because I am amazed at how many people neglect their vehicles...never change the oil, let it all burn out or leak out, and when the motor starts to tick, they come in to discover their jeep was 5 quarts low on oil. Top it off (because their all too cheap to just get drain the little remaining oil and put a new filter on...whatever), and it runs like new again jamminz.gif I would be curious to look and see just how long other vehicle brand motors last in comparison...but I have gotta be really bored to persue that one. So, is that one description correct that the dealers have to do this to every CARS trade in? I would imagine its quite a noisy, smelly, steamy and smoky display that most dealers wouldn't want their customers to witness, even in their back lot.?.

thats what i was thinking, and now its confirmed. stupid.

and some of those were 2nd generation grand cherokee's, nice jeeps man. notice the 4.7 v8 didn't hang on at all, he didn't even get the hood open.

Older looser motors will actually last longer than newer tighter design stuff. We did the old "kill the slant six" in HS. That thing ran forever with no coolant or oil until it siezed from heat expansion. Cooled down and fired up again.

Christ - that 1st video made me wanna puke.

After that, I'd like to go find that sh!tbag and kick his a$$ for laughing about it.

Or wait...lemme shove that funnel up his a$$ and pour some of his 'death juice' in it.

After that, I'd like to go find that sh!tbag and kick his a$$ for laughing about it.

Or wait...lemme shove that funnel up his a$$ and pour some of his 'death juice' in it.

Hmmm, just what I was thinking... jamminz.gif

:clapping:

It was pretty clear the Renix died from overheating. That Glass Acid crap just made it angry. You suspect the dealer yanked the tires/wheels and replaced them with the donuts?

Today I saw my first 'clunkers lot' behind a large dealership in Salina KS.... I spotted 3 WJs, and 5 XJ's.

Would have paid more than 4.5K for that red grand. It was beautiful!

the first "nicer than my ZJ" video was done at a dealer like 5 miles from me. the only thing cool about that place is the actual Cash for Clunkers display they have. its a Chevy pickup nose first in a dumpster.

there's a jeep dealer around here with the same idea for a display, but it's a fairly decent looking zj :fs1:

It was pretty clear the Renix died from overheating. That Glass Acid crap just made it angry. You suspect the dealer yanked the tires/wheels and replaced them with the donuts?

Today I saw my first 'clunkers lot' behind a large dealership in Salina KS.... I spotted 3 WJs, and 5 XJ's.

Would have paid more than 4.5K for that red grand. It was beautiful!

given what we know about these 4.0's, i wonder if any would run with some fresh oil? morbid curiosity caused me to drive around last night looking at some 'clunkers lots', i saw 7 xj's, 3 zj's, and one kj? i didn't think they had lower enough mpg to qualify, but it was marked with the x of death. :wall: most of the xj's had well less than 200k miles, one had 114k miles on an HO.

volvos are damn tough, too. nice late model one doesn't smoke until 2 minutes in.

i don't have words. that thing wouldn't quit, and thats not safe. someone is gonna get hurt doing this, you notice its always a couple idiots doing this for the dealer. and that was not an old volvo, i can't believe whats going on here.

hot oil spewing out, fire, hot coolant spewing out of others, parts could be shot out of the engine compartment. i really hope people start getting hurt doing this.

It was on the news that the parts companies aren't making much money doing this either because the engine/trans is 40% of the parts profit off of the vehicle. I hope that this news gets around and they stop the meaningless destruction of these engines. I understand that they do not want people buying the used cars because then they aren't buying new and benefiting the auto manufacturers. But why can't they donate these cars to a good cause? Then they are at least helping people instead of being destroyed. This will not make a dent on the environmental side of things either so it is pretty pointless all around. At our dealership we have lots of XJ's and even a 5.9L ZJ on the clunker line. Its VERY sad to see all of this, and I have to look at it every day I go to work. As of yet I haven't had to destroy any of them thankfully.

It was on the news that the parts companies aren't making much money doing this either because the engine/trans is 40% of the parts profit off of the vehicle. I hope that this news gets around and they stop the meaningless destruction of these engines. I understand that they do not want people buying the used cars because then they aren't buying new and benefiting the auto manufacturers. But why can't they donate these cars to a good cause? Then they are at least helping people instead of being destroyed. This will not make a dent on the environmental side of things either so it is pretty pointless all around. At our dealership we have lots of XJ's and even a 5.9L ZJ on the clunker line. Its VERY sad to see all of this, and I have to look at it every day I go to work. As of yet I haven't had to destroy any of them thankfully.

you work at a dealer? i work for independent shops thankfully, if i was at a dealer i would refuse to do it, kinda like a pharmacist refusing to fill the morning after pill.