Best BEER ??

jeep_freek88

When I drink beer it is usually an ale, be it Newcastle or Smithwicks or even Boddingtons. For a non-ale I drink Tecate. None of them rank up their with a good whiskey or rum.

On the subject: years ago they pushed a lower alcohol beer called "3.2" for the lowered alcohol content in them. They were considered pisswater and generally only sold decently in states that allowed you to drink them at an earlier age than 6.0% and up beers. Flash forward 20 years, call the reduced alcohol beers "light" beers, and watch the people suck them down... Greatest alcohol marketing gimmick ever: make them buy 2 "light" beers instead of one full beer to get the same buzz...

Bell's Oberon is my favorite. :cheers: too bad it's a seasonal beer. :( the good news is that season has arrived. :D

oberon-beer.jpg

also available in single-serving manly sizes. :yes:

bells_oberon_2011_single_view0511.JPG

^a local reastaurant sold that last fall and I fell in love with it. can't wait for them to put it on tap again soon.

My personal year long favorite is now bud light platinum. Ive gone through many yuenlings and pbrs in my day as well with no complaints.

BEER-- BY SEVEN-YEAR-OLDS

A handful of 7-year-old children were asked, 'What they thought of beer.'

Some interesting responses, but the last one is especially touching.

'I think beer must be good. My dad says the more beer he drinks the prettier my mom gets.'

--Tim, 7 years old

'Beer makes my dad sleepy and we get to watch what we want on television when he is asleep,

So beer is nice.'

--Melanie, 7 years old

'My Mom and Dad both like beer. My Mom gets funny when she drinks it and takes her top off

At parties, but Dad doesn't think this is very funny.'

--Grady, 7 years old

'My Mom and Dad talk funny when they drink beer and the more they drink the more they give

Kisses to each other, which is a good thing.'

--Toby, 7 year old

'My Dad gets funny on beer. He is funny. He also wets his pants sometimes, so he shouldn't have

Too much.'

--Sarah, 7 years old

'My Dad loves beer. The more he drinks, the better he dances.

One time he danced right into the pool.'

--Lilly, 7 years old

'I don't like beer very much. Every time Dad drinks it, he burns the sausages on the barbecue

And they taste disgusting.'

--Ethan, 7 years old

'I give Dad's beer to the dog and he goes to sleep.'

--Shirley, 7 years old

AND

'My Mom drinks beer and she says silly things and picks on my father.

Whenever she drinks beer she yells at Dad and tells him to go bury his bone down the street again,

But that doesn't make any sense.'

--Jack, 7 years old...

image_209027.gifimage_209027.gif

I live 10 miles from the Sierra Nevada brewery. I like their darker beers. IPA, Porter, Stout. Their Pale Ale tastes like horse piss...to me...but it is uber popular around here. It's like tri-tip...everybody says WOW...but I prefer a good rib eye.

Nice to be able to go down the hill and do a sampler for $5.

Regular summertime drinkin' beer...Tecate

For commercial beers

Guinness (when poured properly, not butchered by an untrained server at a sports bar)

Alexander Keiths

Local Vancouver:

Dead frog, Granville Island hefeweizen and the seasonal brews

And I love a Brewery called Black Sheep in my familys home of Masham, England. The Golden Sheep, Ale, and Holy GRAil are amazing, though tough to come by this side of the water.