my jeep project

WOW :eek: I must say you have one hell of a project on your hands! I never realized just how bad these MJ's can be effected with rust until I got on this website; Guess I should concider myself as very lucky to be on the west coast with the addiction, because as long as their inland from the coast a bit, they are usually 100% rust free; just very neglected. I tip my hat and admire with the greatest respect your willingness and obvious desire to save this MJ; Best of luck.

James

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so taz is now tellin me he doesnt need the axel but hell take it anyway and instead of the front end hes gunna give me 2 bucket seats but I'm gunna let him cut some body panels off that blue jeep and hes gunna give me both a dana 30 and a dana 44 for bodt1y panels!!!!! (sweet) .... hes still hunna give me the rims in the swap to so all is gunna work out.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

well ive been doin more tearin apart of the blue jeep and now ive got the header and one fender off but i forgot to put pics on photobucket so ill put pics up in a few mins

headlight parts

bolts and stuff

header

fender I'm gunna fix it

:cheers: jamminz.gif

wow man between all those trucks you might be able to put one together good luck and that solid front axle that is 2wd is crazy. whats the point of a 4 link with 2wd?.... anyways good luck man

The point is to keep the suspension the same between 2wd and 4wd, only having to make one chassis for either drive train. Cheaper production, and easier for us to swap.

well ive gotten to work on my mj abit and i got pics....

this is my new work area YAY!

where my jeep lives

all my crap

my t case

t case tag

i got 4 of these wheels

i painted my frame too

what do ya think??

mna i wish i could make up my mind......... my dad finally talked sense into me and I'm delaying my 4wd swap and I'm gunna make a nice 2wd out of the parts ive got but anyway its still gunna be an awsome truck .

i did some more work on it today and ive got the seat out and I'm now going to rip the carpet out ... its just plain nasty and see if ive got any floor at all ( i don't think i do ) oics up in an hour or 3

Holy Cow!

My hat's off to you.....Rust,I never imagined it to do such damage.

Kudos to you for undertaking this project. It will be good to see one MJ put back together from all your hard work.

Keep it up,your doing good! :bowdown:

thanks man ive been having alot of trouble deciding what to do but after a little father son chat (me being son) it has been decided that I'm restoring it 2wd but I'm still gunna try my best to sdo it good . and i can't thank you guys enough for the suppourt YOU ROCK!

well ....................... i got the carpet out

first the good side passengers

not oo bad for 10 years with a busted window

not the bad the drivers side

big surprise here but i was expecting it ... more anyone

i hate rust now for whats left of the carpet after i was through with it

i wasnt gonna use it anyway I'm planning on hurclining the new floor ..........................

more to come later next is motor or axel removal

boy what a project. you're a better man than me

put what parts you need on line, if i have them i'll give them to you for your spunk. :yes: :yes:

as long as you pay international shipping sure. but thanks alot for the suppourt yall havent seen (or me ) what happens when a 16 yearold with a little machanical tries to pull a motor thats comes soon.... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

well i brought the mj closer to the house and shop so o could put a front axel in it but instead of starting that i did some stuff to make me get the feeling of forwared movement......

i think i did a good job with this .. :D

rust repair

and the i painted it with a brush ..... :shake:

then me i got here and said hmmmmmmm :hmm: sooooooooo...

so i put mu tiers and wheels on they are 205 75 r 15s on those 5 spoke jeep aluminum wheels.

:cheers:

this heat is killing me :ack: I'm putting new springs iin the jeep but since its outside its too hot for me to work on it past few days its been like 30 degrees celcius to me thats really hot but its supposed to cool down by thursday........ hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

well i was working on gettig the axel out and i have everything loose and all but the right side control arms out and all of a sudden my jack dies idk why it just stopped doing anything :redX: :grrrr: but after lunch me and dad are unna see what happened and try to fix it (he thinks it is low on oil) pics tonight! :cheers: