my jeep project

got the axel out now ! now i just need to take my bell housing bolts outand i can't pull the engine.

pics of the axel out:

these springs were about 3 weeks old when they broke 8 years ago :shake:

a good spring

old axel in the back of my chev

why i took it out (this is where the spring goes)

any way I'm gunna work on the bellhousing tomorrow and try to get the motor pulled this weekend! wish me luck!

:cheers:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alrighty so the pulling motor thing didnt happen so i started putting my newish axel in and i got it under the truck when i learned that you can't put an axel without help.....

so today i painted around the inner fenders and frame under the cab.....

and then i found alittle rust hole ...

and if anyone here remembers my dummy move of not outting shackles on my spring s i founf a set in the yard that in gunna take the schackles off of ..

... and in=m still tryin to figure out how i got that paint on my ear........ :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

okay over the last couple of week when i havnt been busy with school or weelin ive been tinkering with the heep

i got my shackles

then i painted them

and i put them in but i didnt take pics because it started to rain :ack:

the next week i got to this

where i learned how valuble a second pair oh hands that knows what hes doing is... now i have the axel in but i havnt gotten the steering on it yet again no pics because i forgot. today i was going to pick up my steel for my floor cut the bad floor out and put the steering on my axel and take the jeep off the blocks but lo and behold ..... its r aingin really fing hard now so i can do much outside.

I enjoy your enthusiasm. I couldnt see myself tackling a project like that at my age now, but I have been there, many years ago, working on a freezing cold garage floor with minimal tools and numb fingers. Ive been in the gravel driveway with no help too. I hope you don't lose interest in it because I like seeing it getting done. Good Luck!

Rust free is there such a thing ??!!

Yes there is! And it is good!

Sorry, just had to gloat! Keep up the good work!

:clapping: Your doing a good job. image_209027.gif and never let ANYONE STOP YOU NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN LIFE. :chillin:

and for the whole rust thing. i use sand paper . or if i get some money i buy a 20$ grinder @ the shucks.and you could also find a welder in craigslist for about 100$ or less .... but good job fixing up your truck .2wd would kicks @$$ for desert racing :thumbsup: later

Rust free is there such a thing ??!!

Yes there is! And it is good!

Sorry, just had to gloat! Keep up the good work!

:clapping: Your doing a good job. image_209027.gif and never let ANYONE STOP YOU NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN LIFE. :chillin:

and for the whole rust thing. i use sand paper . or if i get some money i buy a 20$ grinder @ the shucks.and you could also find a welder in craigslist for about 100$ or less .... but good job fixing up your truck .2wd would kicks @$$ for desert racing :thumbsup: later

oh weve got a welder a miller arc welder and got the grinder and stuff but my truck won't fit in the shop....... :doh:

And thanks for trher encouragement guys :cheers: it gets dismal at times but i try to keep going.

ive got the steel for my floor but all this rain keeps me from doin anything... :shake:

:thumbsup: You have alot of work ahead of you, and I hand it too you for that. But think of everything you will have learned when it is all said and done. I can't get myself to go out in a decent shop and work on my truck, my hats off to you :dunno: .

Very glad to see that its off the blocks :cheers:

I'm thinking flatbed?? :dunno:

I'm VERY happy too makes me feel better (at least untill the front tiers go flat) :headpop: but yea either a flat bed or a sorta half flatbed that has sides that go up to about the hight of the stock taillights cuz i want to re use them ( i ahve 3 beds but there all wasted ) but if that don't work flatbed it is :cheers:

seems like you need a new engine fan, looks like your missing a couple of fins,

but keep up the good work, i bet it feels good to be able to say "look, i did that" :D

i need a whole new engine ... i got one just gotta put er in don't know how tho .....