my jeep project

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your best bet would be to find a salvage yard that has an mj there,

make buddys with the guy who owns it :P

buy the bed, and then make it rust free yourself,

an angle grinder, and primer and paint and a few hours later you have a rust free bed :D

yea i gotta buy a bed first wonder how much a clean rustfree mj bed would cost me up here in canda??

probably too much......

I would be willing to bet that there is no such thing in existence... at least not in your neck of the woods.

That is the engine your not going to use? If so pull it first, take your time and make notes or something so you can remember where things hook up. Then after you've got it out you can pull the good engine and will have a better idea. When your checking to make sure you have everything unhooked, look inside the cab and check to make sure you removed the gear shift, it tends to get stuck on the way out! :grrrr: I had to crawl under the truck and remove it...

Nice work! :cheers:

I wish I had that much space, the city keeps getting after me to get rid of my jeep parts! soapbox.gif

Darin

i believe that it will get a great pain to not pull your transmission when you are pulling the motor,

best bet is to either drop that first or... pull the tranny out with the engine,

either way youll need an engine hoist or else it will be very complicated

i honnestly believe that you should go about taking out the transmission as well,

it will save you tooonnnnsssssss of grief, it will be way harder to pull the engine out by itsself,

you will need to pull the tranny anyways so you can get the new engine in, or be super extremely careful and make sure you flywheen is completely straight and lined up with the shaft from the transmission,

you will not save time doing it they way you want to, infact it may take longer,

this is not the easy way out :P

:agree: After having pulled my engine twice with the tranny and installing the tranny with the engine in the rig, I must say it was not much extra work to pull the tranny with the engine, and it was a royal pain to install the tranny with the engine in the rig(which would be almost the same as what your planning to do).