How many MJ's did Jeep make?

Jerry

I found these factory annual production numbers awhile ago on the web. Pretty sure they are accurate:

Production numbers:

1985: 29,245

1986: 33,386

1987: 43,070

1988: 43,718

1989: 25,311

1990: 9,576

1991: 5,188

1992: 952

EDIT: Here's where I found the numbers:

http://www.comanchemj.1hwy.com/photo6.html

It was Rob's (Automan) site - guess I'm not brain dead yet. :cheers:

I found these factory annual production numbers awhile ago on the web. Pretty sure they are accurate:

Production numbers:

1985: 29,245

1986: 33,386

1987: 43,070

1988: 43,718

1989: 25,311

1990: 9,576

1991: 5,188

1992: 952

accurate except for the FACT that MJ's were never produced as a 1985 model year. like most cars, it debuted before 86 in late 1985 BUT was a 1986 model.

So I have one of the 190,446 4x4 MJ's off the production line comanche.gif Cool

So if most of those were sold in North America which is 9,540,000sq miles area (thanks wikipedia) then that means there is approximately one Comanche for every 50sq miles. :idea: So that's why I don't them very often!

OK, so how many blue ones were there :yes:

I'm just having some fun here :thumbsup:

Anyone got any other interesting random MJ factoids?

Total production run for all 8 years of

I guess they are kinda rare! I thought there was like 500K made total. I am glad I have had the chance to own and drive 3 of them so far!

You think thats rare? try only 12,000 KJ CRDs. There are probably more MJs still on the road than there ever were KJ CRDs.

The Spanish actually gave the Comanche their present name, using a word that comes from the Ute term Komantcia that refers to "enemy"

or more accurately to "anyone who wants to fight me all the time."

I like that factoid! It does make sense. I often have to fight with my Comanche's gearbox! And when it's cold just trying to get past the frozen doors and locks is a battle :rotfl2:

The Spanish actually gave the Comanche their present name, using a word that comes from the Ute term Komantcia that refers to "enemy"

or more accurately to "anyone who wants to fight me all the time."

I like that factoid! It does make sense. I often have to fight with my Comanche's gearbox! And when it's cold just trying to get past the frozen doors and locks is a battle :rotfl2:

I had to fight with my old stickshift every time the fluid level dropped (had a slow leak).

I had to fight with my old stickshift every time the fluid level dropped (had a slow leak).
No leaks here thankfully and fresh oil, 2nd gear synchromesh is buggered I think. Gets better as it warms up :thumbsup:

Anyone worked out how many 2WD Comanches were sold then? image_209027.gif

Sometimes I go weeks without seeing one, then its like the MJ jackpot and I see a bunch. I seen that the Jeep dealer in the next town over has an mj with a plow on it, they were using it to plow the lot! But looking at the production numbers now I see why every one I see is an 88, along with the one I own!

I was out driving last Saturday here in Knoxville and I saw 4 MJ's in less than 20 minutes! :thumbsup:

I'd say there are at least 10 in the area.

:agree: Everytime I drive thru Knoxville I always see at least two. Chattanooga also. Most of 'em are movin' pretty slow though. :D Hardly see any here............