Gladiator

sinnaevd

it might be an 08 model. but not for sure yet. the guys here at the jeep dealer don't even know if its for real yet or not. but i would love to have one, as long as it looks like the concept. i think the spare side tire and everything is really cool. but you all know how things get changed. so i bet it won't look as cool.

alex

There was a write up in the Peterson off road mag about it. It is a kit you can buy but jeep said there is a Great possibility it can become production due to the fact it is going to use the Chassi of the 07 Wrangler to get the length the only thing to work out is the body but thats done as well since the company that created already donr it for them. I will try to find the mag and post up the article later.

Cole

I love all the buzz about a new Jeep pick-up. Its great for the Jeep brand. Here is the bad about it. It will probrably be priced in the mid to upper 20's for price. Also I am not sure about other parts of the United States, the dealers in my area of VA are voiding factory warranties if you lift your rig, change gears, or do anything that we as Jeep owners decide to do. So instaed of spending 20 large on a new jeep gladiator, go find you an old m715 or j series truck and put a new drivetrain beefier axles, and tires on it, and bash it to your hearts content. These are just my opinion and not the views of this forum :D

It's pretty close to right as it shows in that picture, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if they didn't use headlights that look like triaxial speakers ...

What a great outdoor sterio idea! Replace the headlights with speakers!

Wait... Oh well.

I will buy this truck as soon as funds allow. I am obsessed with it

I don't know about the obsessed part, but I will be at the dealership ordering one as soon as they announce when they will be available. Given that it will be like the pics w/ the CRD and the 6 spd.

this could be one of the dumber things I will ask in my membership span, but would 300 ibft torque be enough to tow a flatbed with a car on???????????????????????? 4 cyl deisel makes me "leary"

i will be waiting for the bigger gas engines. with prices gas is cheaper then deisel. plus if it comes down to it i could put a 350 or 401 in it. 8) but i am sure there would even be a hemi one that they would put out a year or two later if sales and demand look like it would sell or is wanted.

alex

to be honest with everyone from the mopar world, I think the hemi is sometimes overrated. don't get me wrong, unbelievable technology and power still awailable in the head design, but take a look at the classic 426. pure dog poop low end, crazy nuts for top power and speed. I would take a deisel for towing and driving over the gas, i've seen some pretty crazy things come out of a deisel build. nutkick.gif

i heard that the start up cost do ge the cooking oil thing was expensive?? anyone else have n e idea??

nope, not at all. most People make the biodiesel reactor out of an old electric water heater. hell, even a new E water heater wouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. Add to that some hose and some pumps and you'll be ahead of the game in a few batches. Before I found the manche I was looking for a small diesel pickup, mazda and nissan both had one in the 80s. I was sucked in by the 4.0 and now I'm payiong for it at $3 a gallon.

Search "appleseed reactor" on google.

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/appleseedprocessor/