My 1986 Comanche 2.5L Custom Restomod. Updated!

Well, this was when I first got it. I paid $800 for it and it had only 87033 miles on it. I want to keep it stock as much as possible but improve it as necessary.

Image Not Found

As you can see that the paint is in bad shape. Also the interior was bad too.

Image Not Found

More pics coming soon.

To answer some of your questions, I am planning on getting the interior redone to factory specs. Like reupholster the seat, and fix the sagging head liner which is out now. I want to put in an overhead console from a xj and install a small C.B. radio. So I figure since the head liner is out now is the time to get all of the brackets and wiring set and lined up for the console and install the coax cable for the C.B..

Also I want to repaint the truck, I don't know on what color yet, but maybe the stock silver or a shade different with some blue mixed in since I have blue interior. I have a lumber rack from my old truck that I want to get refitted to the MJ. When I get that done, I would like to install the c.b. antenna on it and also install L.E.D. lites as well for clearance lites.

I wanted to replace my stock gauge's from idiot lites to xj gauges that work.

Image Not Found

So I removed it.

Image Not Found

And installed this. Notice the new fog light switch and defrost switch to the left of the steering wheel? I am planning installing a lumber rack that will have LED lites so I will use the defrost switch to control them.

Image Not Found

I also went from a non radio and a non clock set up.

Image Not Found

To a new set up.

Image Not Found

With XM radio.

Image Not Found

I also installed lites under the dash that I removed from a 1990 Cherokee.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I didn't have a good place to set my drink, so I made this drink holder. Its being painted now to match the blue interior.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Also my Stock interior lites didnt work so I fixed them. Pulled them apart and cleaned them.

Image Not Found

They work great.

Image Not Found

I repainted my Grill to what I think the way it would look stock.

Image Not Found

Also replaced my stock headlites with these.

Image Not Found

Man I love craigs list. I found these stock wheels and two good tires with good hub caps for $50.00. I know they are stock steelies but my center caps are broken and the wheels are rusted. Once I get my wheels powder coated, then I will sell the other set.

Image Not Found

My MJ alarm.

How did you wire up the under-dash courtesy lights? My XJ has them, but they've never worked...

Great job by the way, in both purchasing and fixing it up some! But why are you so paranoid about the colors? The paint looks PERFECT! Try to fix the dent in the bed side, repaint that, and it looks like you'll be ready to go!

There don't seem to be any interior rips, so you can probably just remove everything, clean, and install... unless there's something I'm missing!

Either way, hopefully I can get an MJ anywhere near as great as yours!

I wanted to get my wheels powdered coated, and then one thing led to another.

I then got my push bar done in a really cool color. I didn't want black or just silver, they (powdered coating people) suggested this color and said its virtually indestructible. It came out awesome. The wheels aren't installed yet do to no tires.

Image Not Found

Then I also had my front bumper done too in 60% gloss black. It looks brand new.

Image Not Found

So what do you think?

Image Not Found

• 4 weeks later...

I finally installed my truck shell and my newly powered coated wheels.

Before:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

After:

Image Not Found

I like how it looks now, all I have to do is install L.E.D. lites on the shell as clearance lites and a CB antenna as well.

And I painted it with a roller and RustOleum Hammered Silver.

I finally installed my truck shell and my newly powered coated wheels.

Image Not Found

I like how it looks now, all I have to do is install L.E.D. lites on the shell as clearance lites and a CB antenna as well.

Now thats the kind of brush guard I'm looking for!!! Could you give me some info on where you got it from and/or how much you paid for it. Please and thank you!!! :D