Got a 2nd Comanche!!

GreenF350

I found this one online a few weeks ago but haven't been able to find time to go grab it. Last night I decided it was now or never and went on a midnight trip up to New Hampshire to get it. Its an 89 4.0 2wd Eliminator, but most importantly, its RUST FREE!! The guy I got it from said when he bought it in 98', it had been driven out from Cali. Not a bad score for $500.

I really have no use for a 2wd truck however, so my plans are to use the bed off this one for my 4x4. The bed on the green one is ok, but I used filler and it shows in a few spots. Plus theres a million odds and ends that can be used off this one as well. On the other hand though, part of me just wants to clean it up and drive it....... so who knows what I'm gonna do. It does feel good to have another one though!!!

I have no idea why you wouldn't strip the green one, put it all in the eliminator, put all the eliminator 2x4 parts on the green one, and sell the green one off.

at least then you're not killing a perfectly good MJ. there's not enough left out there

if you strip it, all I have to say is wtf are you thinking?! :nuts: :roll:

drop a small block in it, tub it out and lower it a bit! I have been dying to see one!

This IS going to be my next MJ project.

SB Cheby, T400, 9' ford rear, 2WD, lowered and stiff with handling and go fast mods in mind.

I had a line on one, for some time. I was just waiting for the guy to get off the pot.... Deal fell thru, his nephew got the rig. :roll:

That one looks good!!! :cheers:

CW

This site is giving me 2nd thoughts on swapping parts off this truck, so Ill keep you guys updated.

Good.......then we're doing our job :D

Man......If I could only find rust free bodies like that one........ :shake:

All I find are rotted out bodies, but with low millage for the price you paid for that MJ.

Think it over what you want to do......and keep in mind, there are alot of cheep XJ's out there for parts :brows:

• 2 weeks later...

Update: So this truck would not start, which is why it was sold to me. Tonight I finally had the chance to pop the hood and do what ive been wanting to do since I got it........Un-plug and re-plug the crankshaft positioning sensor and hear it fire up!!! It runs great, so great in fact that ive been driving it around the neighborhood. I just wish i did this in front of the guy I bought it from, that woulda been priceless!!

So let me get this stright, you found a completely rust free MJ and you're going to... strip it? There's got to be something against that in the by-laws...

:hate banana:

I agree. That truck is far too nice to scavange parts off for some other rig. I'd keep it, put a fresh coat of paint and some good rust-proofing on it, and use it as a summer daily driver. The 4x4 will get you through the winter, and if it already has some rust then a bit more won't kill it.