Whats worse than a ricer?

BREEZE1

. Nothing pisses off a wanna be more than to get smoked by grampa's car :D

I don't know about that. I beat a kid off the light while towing a trailer full of stuff in the CRD Liberty. :D In his defense, his car was full of his friends. Just too many people for that little engine to overcome. I could see his friends raggin' on him, at the next light (more traffic there so we couldn't go again).

Long live TORQUE!! jamminz.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I could ever drive anything that is front wheel drive. I just don't know if i could stand it.

If i was to be a "ricer" it would have to be something like a single or dual turbo supra, a turbo'd 240sx, or I kinda like the Honda s2000( not factory, lots of engine mods )

my mom has a miata 5spd and its fun as hell to drive... just don't let your buddy's see you.

its like drivin a go-cart. STUCK to the ground, and decently quick with the a/c off ;)

but american muscle to the finish! my best bud has a 84 5oh 5spd gt350 anniversary car with stock cam/nothin special on the carb (yes it passed emissions) exhaust and a 3.73 rearend swaped in from 3.08 and that thing goes like hell. its faster than necessary.

. Nothing pisses off a wanna be more than to get smoked by grampa's car :D

I don't know about that. I beat a kid off the light while towing a trailer full of stuff in the CRD Liberty. :D In his defense, his car was full of his friends. Just too many people for that little engine to overcome. I could see his friends raggin' on him, at the next light (more traffic there so we couldn't go again).

Long live TORQUE!! jamminz.gif

Long live the CRD!

my mom has a miata 5spd and its fun as hell to drive... just don't let your buddy's see you.

its like drivin a go-cart. STUCK to the ground, and decently quick with the a/c off ;)

but american muscle to the finish! my best bud has a 84 5oh 5spd gt350 anniversary car with stock cam/nothin special on the carb (yes it passed emissions) exhaust and a 3.73 rearend swaped in from 3.08 and that thing goes like hell. its faster than necessary.

no offense, but an 84 rustang is not american muscle. it's the after-effect, and while quick, it is NOT a muscle car in any means and fails to live up to the mustang heritage in both looks, and performance.

I am a Shelby Dodge nut at heart. I currently own a 87 Shelby Charger with 22 psi and a little shot (75) of squeeeze for fun. It is a fun can. The car is completely stock visually. All my mods are hiden as well. To look at my car and engine you would swear it was a bone stock 2.2! She runs 11.60 all day long.

Which makes me miss the funest rice burner and Clang killer I had.

It was a 89 Dodge Caravan with a 2.5 turbo. I did a pile of work to the engine and stuff. It was a fun little ride. The van could turn high 13s in the 1/4 and slap a stock Stang with the quickness!

If you want to see something funny, watch a ricers face as you tear him apart in a mini-van! Pure greatness!

no offense, but an 84 rustang is not american muscle. it's the after-effect, and while quick, it is NOT a muscle car in any means and fails to live up to the mustang heritage in both looks, and performance.

I have to disagree. I drive an 89, and in stock form it would've kept up with the vast majority of 60s muscle.

And that's coming from a HUGE 60s car nut.

I have to disagree. I drive an 89, and in stock form it would've kept up with the vast majority of 60s muscle.

And that's coming from a HUGE 60s car nut.

so can an LS1 corvette, or a McClaren f1, but neither of them are true muscle cars. catagorizing them in the same class as a true american muscle car is unjustifiable and wrong. it could be quick, but so can a ricer that's built right (unfortunately)

so can an LS1 corvette, or a McClaren f1, but neither of them are true muscle cars. catagorizing them in the same class as a true american muscle car is unjustifiable and wrong. it could be quick, but so can a ricer that's built right (unfortunately)

I don't mean to argue with you, but corvettes are sports cars, mcclaren f1's are supercars. The fox body mustang is a traditional 2+2, 2 door, v8 powered american car, designed to go fast, cheap. Luxury and such are second rate. If you want to classify by era's, thats fine.

And IMO, its a pony car, not a muscle car. As were a good deal of 60s "muscle cars", mustang included. Thats just the way I see it..... everyones got an opinion right?

I had a 300HP/375#of torque '05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR. Front wheel drive with a Quaife limited slip. I built it and it was a 12 second car that was great for autocross or at Road America 165mph on the back straight was a blast.

Never lost to a old muscle car like a 69 Vette with a 427 tri-power or a '69 440 Roadrunner.

I got beat by a EVO from a dead stop, I beat him 4 times from a roll.

I wish I still had it. It didn't sound like a ricer at all.

Fun Car indeed. In fact my brother's 03 SRT-4 w/ K&N typhoon CAI, MSD ignition, plugs, Yokohama Z-rated tires (can't recall model but a good deal stickier than stock), Mopar BOV conversion and a few other small goodies was the car I learned to drive on.

300hp in one must have been a blast

I may not consider my mustangs true muscle cars (most people say those died in the early 70's)but I do think the foxbody will be part of the newer generation of what's considered muscle. ( when we look back upon them). Look at the Grand national, turbo V6, so they definitely don't fit the traditional definition of a musclecar, but I personally feel that they sure were! Also, as much as I hate them, I believe the LS1 cars will also be looked back as muscle. The lines have been blurred between pony and musclecar so much and now were lucky to get anything v8, 2dr, RWD, 2+2 and cheap. Of course its all speculation, and I'm not ready to call them musclecars yet either........

As for the ricers, I don't care about the ones that drive around in the stupid looking cars. They give me (us) something to laugh at. The ones in the stock integras, civics, cavaliers etc. w/ rims and an exhaust that swear each red light is a goddamn christmas tree piss me off. First, its annoying. Second, no real street races occur in the afternoon on Main St!! If anything, they ruin the whole car cruising / late night action scene for the people who actually have cars worth racing!! (which I would never condone :brows: )

Anyways, here's a pic of my two mustangs. The green one goes 10's, and musclecar or not, its a fun street car.

[/img][/i]

I don't need alot of mods on it because its pretty dern fast as is.

Don't want to rain on your parade man, but a prelude is far from fast :cheers: Torqueless and wrong wheel drive...yes. Fast...no.

Fast nuff for me.... It'll take my MJ any day. Still the best car I've ever owned..

For example I've had it for about 8 years; the only things Ive had to replace was plugs/wires, fluids, air filter, brake pads, and tires, other then the things I wanted to change, like paint, interior, and wheels. Yelp I'm a fan of Honda... :nanner:

here's what i go by.if it aint ford, gm, chrysler, amc, saturn(since its an american car), and it sounds like a pissed off bee and has'body kits', then it deserves to be ran over on my way to classes in the morning. come to laramie, Wy(home of WYOTECH), on a friday or saturday night, and you shall see a 5400lb truck playing smash the bee. lol :chillin:

Don't want to rain on your parade man, but a prelude is far from fast :cheers: Torqueless and wrong wheel drive...yes. Fast...no.

Fast nuff for me.... It'll take my MJ any day. Still the best car I've ever owned..

For example I've had it for about 8 years; the only things Ive had to replace was plugs/wires, fluids, air filter, brake pads, and tires, other then the things I wanted to change, like paint, interior, and wheels. Yelp I'm a fan of Honda... :nanner:

What year prelude is it? I'd gamble that your Eliminator would give it a run for it's money in the 1/8th mile...but in the 1/4 mile I definitely see the prelude winning.

What year prelude is it? I'd gamble that your Eliminator would give it a run for it's money in the 1/8th mile...but in the 1/4 mile I definitely see the prelude winning.

94 I'm pretty sure my truck isnt as fast,, but its not about being fast its about the reliability of the lude.

Sense the muscle car era technology has advanced tremendously. With todays fuel injection, super charger, and turbo tech, they don’t have to drop a big block hunk of American muscle in cars any more. Plus the new ways of making power is more efficient, and with the price of gas we all need that. But I will say there ant nothing like sitting behind a bad a$$ big block! Theres no replacement for displacement! jamminz.gif

What I love... The hardcore rice with the custom 'for sale' decal in the back window. Let's think about this in relation to where I live... A lowered Civic with a body kit that hangs 1/2" off the ground. Yeah, that's smrt. Anyways, when I see them with their lovely decal declaring their stupidity in dumping so much money into a crappy car that they can't drive in this part of the world, I always try to get the number. I like calling them randomly and telling them their car is ghey and they want too much for it (even though I never know the price). I think it helps them grow up.

Or maybe I'm just an a$$hole.

[/img][/i]

Wow, clean notch man.

I agree.

and i definitely don't contest that they're wicked fast, i just don't want them being called muscle cars. not yet at least...now, a 71 dodge challenger with a 69 challenger front end (no chitty leather-crap top) and a 6.6 liter Hemi from a new dodge challenger with updated suspension...that, would be slick. efficient, up to date, with good old american muscle body, and a look that says "it's not stock, neither is your car you ricer ricer, but you is still gonna end up crying in a corner when i beat your tonka toy"

:D i love american muscle bodies, but I much prefer MPFI

I have a 1988 firebird with a 5.0 TBI. It doesnt take off fast but does beat most ricers around here. I don't consider it a muscle car by any means. For fast cars I prefer GM. I love the new corvette. 430hp with a 6 speed tranny. I work for a chevy dealer and we do alot of work for callaway. They supercharge the new vettes and the power is 580hp.