country. He started by flying to San Francisco and

started working east from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking

photographs and making notes.

He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall

and was intrigued with a sign, which read "Calls: $10,000 a minute."

Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor

answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if

he pays the price he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle , Dallas , St. Louis ,

Chicago , Milwaukee , and around the United States , he found more phones, with the

same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Pennsylvania . Upon entering a Church in Pittsburgh , he saw the usual golden telephone.

But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: $0.35 cents."

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Father Jones, I have been in

cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden

telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to

God, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only

$0.35 cents a call. Why?

The priest, smiling benignly, replied : "Son, you're

in Pittsburgh , Pennsylv ania now, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers-5 times Super Bowl Champions, the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Pittsburgh Pengins, 3 vibrant rivers meeting at the Point of the most beautiful downtown area around, the city with the best hospitals, neighborhoods and friendliest people in the world!

You're in God's Country....

It's a local call."

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUPER Super Bowl, almost a coronary game. Hats off to the Cards, they were a excellent rep for the NFC. And they beat the spread, but lost. :( Not bad for a 9-7 regular season. But the Steelers came through with Holmes' miraculous catch from a perfect Ben throw; they got it done. I think Ben should been MVP, but super team effort overall. Congrats to the Stiller fans.

Yeah Don, Cards showed they were legit. All the talk about the Steelers D and yet the Cards D was the quiet star of the game IMO. Every time the Steelers couldn't punch it in I was saying if they keep kicking field goals they're headed for trouble. Man that was awesome to watch, and fortunately the final result I was looking for. jamminz.gif

The Cards whooped the Steelers arses IMHO.. But that 100yrd interception from Harrison had the house ROCKING!!!!

If you look at the stats the Cards should have won.. I was beginning to think the Cards had taken some pointers from Oakland when all the flags stated to come out... The one PF roughing the holder is what let Steelers win the game. If they didnt get that 1st and goal and just the FG then I believe the Cards would have won..

A very balanced game for a Super Bowl. I have not seen a tough close SB like that is a long time. Penalties were definitely the factor in this one and they allowed the Steelers to dominate the first half, and then the Cards were dominant in the second half with a lot of Steeler penalties. I really thought it was over when Fitzgerald took of and ran away with that pass in the 4th, but then I realized that there was still nearly 3 minutes left and I knew that Ben had it in him to make the move...especially with Santonio on fire and being able to beat Rogers-Cromarti all night.

This is me with my wife Tina on my left and my Steeler buddy Vicki on my right. We were the only ones still sitting outside in the cold watching the game as everyone else wimped out and went n the house. This shot was during the post game ceremonies.

Now JT, I know I am biased, but I don't think they "whooped their arses". Their D played a great game and while they had some stupid penalties (that's known as "big game mental breakdown") and a questionable one or two (as did the Steelers), Pittsburgh made enough plays to put points on the board. Everbody knew their offense could put points on the board, even on the Steelers D. Hell, the Steelers only gave up 300 yds total offense ONCE the whole year, and the cards put up 400. But it was their D that kept them in the game, because if they didn't stop Pittsburgh inside the 5 all those times in the first half, you would have been looking at a 35-7 blowout. Bottom line is, champions find a way to win whether they've been outplayed the majority of the game or given up a few big plays, and the Steelers did just that. jamminz.gif

The Cards whooped the Steelers arses IMHO.. But that 100yrd interception from Harrison had the house ROCKING!!!!

If you look at the stats the Cards should have won.. I was beginning to think the Cards had taken some pointers from Oakland when all the flags stated to come out... The one PF roughing the holder is what let Steelers win the game. If they didnt get that 1st and goal and just the FG then I believe the Cards would have won..

How about the call at the end when Warner's incomplete forward pass was called a fumble and the ball was turned over to the Steelers? It wasn't even reviewed! Unbelivable. The zebras have a tough job but I'd just like to see one SB that wasn't marred by bad calls. :headpop: Grumble grumble

Agreed that call was BS in light of the rule and the other one that they did call forward motion on. With a guy like Fitzgerald and those flypaper mitts he has for hands, there's always a chance they could have pulled off a hail-mary in those last 5 seconds, but ...................

That's the biggest BS rule IMO anyway. If the ball hasn't left the QBs hand and it gets knocked out cocking back or moving forward, ahhh, WTH, everybody's got an opinion on something like that and they all stink.

Agreed that call was BS in light of the rule and the other one that they did call forward motion on. With a guy like Fitzgerald and those flypaper mitts he has for hands, there's always a chance they could have pulled off a hail-mary in those last 5 seconds, but ...................

That's the biggest BS rule IMO anyway. If the ball hasn't left the QBs hand and it gets knocked out cocking back or moving forward, ahhh, WTH, everybody's got an opinion on something like that and they all stink.

It just seemed they had reviewed everything else at the right times though out the game, either by challenges or inside of 2:00 minutes. At the biggest game of the year, why wouldn't you at least take the extra time to just MAKE sure... Probably a 1 in a 10,000 chance that it would have made a difference had they had one more shot, but still, I think the game was called pretty well expect for that.

I know people hate to hear it, but I don't think the most talented team won... the team that made the fewest mistakes, absolutely, the team that made the big plays on the big drive when they had too, yep....more talented, not in my opinion...

Sw2

the Steelers have been pulling games out in the last two minutes all year. Like they plan it that way or God is on their side. Maybe a bit of both............
They have been like that as long as I can remember... :yes:

Not good for the blood pressure though ;)

:huh???: :rotfl2: Aww sheez, you've got to be kidding, right? Are you just trying to get a rise out of the Steelers fans?

So let me get this straight. You are trying to say that the Cardinals are a more talented team?? Give me a break! What you really seem to be trying to say is that they got robbed by the refs. I was just as suprised that the last play did not get turned over (it was reviewed IIRC). They may have played a better overall game if you want to argue that (which, admittedly biased, I probably wouldn't even agree to that), but to say they are a more talented team is a joke Wade. Offensively, although less balanced, probably so; defensively, not even close. Overall, absolutely not. I remind you the Steelers played the #1 most difficult schedule in the LEAGUE this year, and capped it by winning it all. The Cards got hot and proved they ARE a talented team and had earned their way into the game, i.e. they were not a fluke, but c'mon, you seriously don't believe that do you?

It just seemed they had reviewed everything else at the right times though out the game, either by challenges or inside of 2:00 minutes. At the biggest game of the year, why wouldn't you at least take the extra time to just MAKE sure... Probably a 1 in a 10,000 chance that it would have made a difference had they had one more shot, but still, I think the game was called pretty well expect for that.

I know people hate to hear it, but I don't think the most talented team won... the team that made the fewest mistakes, absolutely, the team that made the big plays on the big drive when they had too, yep....more talented, not in my opinion...

Sw2

but c'mon, you seriously don't believe that do you?

Yeah, 100%... I didn't say they got jobbed by the refs... I thought the game was called pretty fairly...and I DID NOT *think* that they reviewed the last turnover, but maybe I'm wrong. It was as much of a forward pass as the other one they overturned...

And I like to try to get a rise out of all the Steeler fans on here... :headpop:

I don't think that last fumble was called wrong. His arm was not moving forward in the multiple replays that we saw...and even the Cards fans that were watching it with me agreed on that. They thought it was an incomplete pass until they saw the replay and then they agreed that it was a fumble and a good call. :yes:

I don't think that last fumble was called wrong. His arm was not moving forward in the multiple replays that we saw...and even the Cards fans that were watching it with me agreed on that. They thought it was an incomplete pass until they saw the replay and then they agreed that it was a fumble and a good call. :yes:

Maybe I had too many "pops"... Arm got hit, he pushed the ball forward... I thought he had enough possession still to make it count as a forward pass (which I believe the possession part it key).

Yeah...we talked about that too, but it seemed that the only reason that his arm appeared to go forward was from the hit...he did not perpetuate the action himself that we could see.

WAS NOT officially reviewed, per the stories I am reading

"According to NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira, the replay official upstairs did see the play clearly.

“We confirmed it was a fumble,” said Pereira. “The replay assistant in the replay booth saw it was clearly a fumble. The ball got knocked loose and was rolling in his hand before it started forward. He has to have total control.”

200902012228809085347-pf.h2.jpg

Now JT, I know I am biased, but I don't think they "whooped their arses". Their D played a great game and while they had some stupid penalties (that's known as "big game mental breakdown") and a questionable one or two (as did the Steelers), Pittsburgh made enough plays to put points on the board. Everbody knew their offense could put points on the board, even on the Steelers D. Hell, the Steelers only gave up 300 yds total offense ONCE the whole year, and the cards put up 400. But it was their D that kept them in the game, because if they didn't stop Pittsburgh inside the 5 all those times in the first half, you would have been looking at a 35-7 blowout. Bottom line is, champions find a way to win whether they've been outplayed the majority of the game or given up a few big plays, and the Steelers did just that. jamminz.gif

blah, blah, blah... :teehee:

:agree: Cards D was on it.. I still think the stronger team lost and Pitt was just lucky on some plays.... I didnt have my nose in every sec of the game, but what I saw was the Cards looking pretty durn strong when I did... I was still happy the Steelers won cause I stand behind my buds, and if y'all like the Gold 'n' Black,, well so do I!! I don't watch alot of sports like some of you's..