How many Steeler (& NFL) fans here...

BLHTAZ

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem that by the way the regular season has played out that the Titans & Giants would be the likely Super Bowl matchup...BUT...the last three Super Bowls have been won by Wildcard teams. The Steelers in XL, The Colts in XLI and the Giants in XLII.

That being said...I would choose the Ravens vs. Giants as my second most likely Super Bowl matchup.

I remain ever hopeful that the Steelers will get there, but I just don't think we have what it takes this year.

Good points Taz. Indy is real hot now, but I'd much rather see the Steelers in there because I'm sick of seeing P. Manning hawking everything on TV ad nauseum. He's the Billy Mays of football. And I think the Steelers would be the tougher team for the Giants, because when the Steeler defense gets rolling on all eight cylinders, they play smashmouth football better than anybody else in the league. Except the Giants of course....... :beerhead:

• 2 weeks later...
Well well. Indy and Tennessee are gone - the Steel-men should slide right into the AFC championship now. :cheers:
I am hoping for it, but they are going to have to play a lot better than they have the last 3-4 games to get past the Chargers.

It appears that my pick of the Giants & Ravens being the Super Bowl is about to go down the drain with only about 3 minutes lieft in the game and the Giants are down by 12 points to the Eagles.

Giants all the way to the Bowl baby. :D Only NFC team I'm concerned about are the Eagles, should they play each other. As for the Giants AFC victim I'm pickin' Tennessee. Who do y'all like?

Got that wrong. :brows: Yeah, the Eagles are playing prolly the best football in the conference now. New Prediction: Eagles - Steelers in the Show! :cheers:

Man, did you read some of the comments after this story? LOT of hate between Baltimore and Pittsburg. This "back at ya" from a Steelers fan was especially touching:

"Blumpy, it's amazing you beat out 200 million other sperm cells; unless the rest of them were stuck in your Mom's beard." :rotfl2:

A little humor in the down time... :D

On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Ravens fan.

She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Ravens fans.

Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise, 'Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?'

Because I'm not a Ravens fan,' she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, 'Well, if you are not a Ravens fan, then who are you a fan of?'

'I am a Steelers fan, and proud of it,' Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. 'Janie please tell us why you are a Steelers fan?'

"Because my mom is a Steelers fan, and my dad is Steelers fan, so I'm a Steelers fan too!''

'Well ,' said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, 'that is no reason for you to be a Steelers fan.

You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom was an idiot and your dad was a moron,

what would you be then?' ...Janie smiled and replied, ..."a Ravens fan"

I am as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

I am as nervous as a Cardinal (or a Raven ) in a room full of long tailed cats! The Eagle is a big bada$$ bird and can take care of itself. :D Too many bird teams this year........

shoulda been a TD, but we'll take 3 more.....

I hear ya Don, I was really pulling for the Eagles. If they'd have played the 1st half like they did the second, things would have been different. I'm betting McNabb retires in the off season :(

Yeah, the Eagle defense didn't show up until the 2nd half. An all-PA SuperBowl would have been nice. The fights in the stands prolly would be better than the game. I think McNabb will hang around another year. :D

Oops, Steelers just scored. Looks like they will be there at least. Tough D. :cheers: