How many Steeler (& NFL) fans here...

BLHTAZ

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers kind of backed into the win today. An ugly win with a very questionable call at the end. I hate to see games end like that no matter who the teams are. :roll:
I agree... That final play was VERY close and I am still not sure the call was right, but...it's a win and it now gives us a shot (slim...but, a chance) at being #1 over all because of the Titans loss today :idea: jamminz.gif

Steelers kind of backed into the win today. An ugly win with a very questionable call at the end. I hate to see games end like that no matter who the teams are. :roll:
I agree... That final play was VERY close and I am still not sure the call was right, but...it's a win and it now gives us a shot (slim...but, a chance) at being #1 over all because of the Titans loss today :idea: jamminz.gif

C'mon Taz, the original call for no TD was correct on the field; there was zero indisputable evidence to support overturning that. I'm no Ravens fan, but the officials blew it, again. So what else is new. :???:

Seems like the Steelers offense only play well in one quarter, the last one. Their defense is stellar. But I don't think they will make it very far in the playoffs unless something changes matey. :D

C'mon Taz, the original call for no TD was correct on the field; there was zero indisputable evidence to support overturning that. I'm no Ravens fan, but the officials blew it, again. So what else is new. :???:

Seems like the Steelers offense only play well in one quarter, the last one. Their defense is stellar. But I don't think they will make it very far in the playoffs unless something changes matey. :D

Obviously I am bias as a Steeler fan, but I saw that he caught the ball with both feet in the endzone. When the ball went in to his hands, it was over the plain of the endzone. The determining factor was wether or not he had control of it over the plain...which I think he did and I guess the officials agreed with that, but I can't deny that I did not see the indesputable evidence to change the call. It looked good to me, but I am not sure... :dunno:

I didn't really expect them to make it to the playoffs this year really. They are playing a lot like they did in the 2005 Super Bowl win season...it's ugly, but they are finding ways to win it at the end of the game. The Steelers have always been like that for some reason...they have to get the pressure on them and make a come back. I really widh they would stop it though as I am running out of fingernails fast...and I am not the fingernail biting type to start with.

I don't know if you saw that stat last night, but the Steelers have outscored their opponents 41 - 0 in the last 6:30 of the 4th quarter this season...

It does seem that there have been a lot of questionable and quite blatantly blow calls this year for some reason. I have been wondering who is paying who for a while now... :idea: :hmm:

Obviously I am bias as a Steeler fan, but I saw that he caught the ball with both feet in the endzone. When the ball went in to his hands, it was over the plain of the endzone. The determining factor was wether or not he had control of it over the plain...which I think he did and I guess the officials agreed with that, but I can't deny that I did not see the indesputable evidence to change the call. It looked good to me, but I am not sure... :dunno:

I didn't really expect them to make it to the playoffs this year really. They are playing a lot like they did in the 2005 Super Bowl win season...it's ugly, but they are finding ways to win it at the end of the game. The Steelers have always been like that for some reason...they have to get the pressure on them and make a come back. I really widh they would stop it though as I am running out of fingernails fast...and I am not the fingernail biting type to start with.

I don't know if you saw that stat last night, but the Steelers have outscored their opponents 41 - 0 in the last 6:30 of the 4th quarter this season...

It does seem that there have been a lot of questionable and quite blatantly blow calls this year for some reason. I have been wondering who is paying who for a while now... :idea: :hmm:

The call was questionable for sure. Basically it is saying for that micro-second that it was in his hands and the ball directly above the goal line that that is all it takes. And I guess it does. But, IMO, after marching 92yds they had the momentum to punch it in from 4th and Inches, despite how strong the Ravens D was. Hey, Champions find ways to win a also get a little bit of luck here and there along the way. :brows:

The call was questionable for sure. Basically it is saying for that micro-second that it was in his hands and the ball directly above the goal line that that is all it takes. And I guess it does. But, IMO, after marching 92yds they had the momentum to punch it in from 4th and Inches, despite how strong the Ravens D was. Hey, Champions find ways to win a also get a little bit of luck here and there along the way. :brows:

Well...not what I was hoping for today...BUT, it was what I expected... :wall:

I didn't expect 5 turnovers and 5 sacks, but I did expect the loss. The Steelers have had more luck than anything lately...but not today. ;) We could get one more shot at the Titans before it's all over though :thumbsup:

The Giants got home field advantage throughout the playoffs by knocking off the Titans in O/T. Great game, both teams played tough.
I think you mean the Panthers...the Steelers played the Titans... ;) :D

Yes, that's what I meant. :D Fixed it. Thanks Taz-man.

BTW Don, When you think choker, think Donovan McNabb :ack:

Had to drag this up after a crazy NFL day - the Eagles are IN the show. Kinda came back from the dead and backed in, but they made it. :cheers:

Oh, and Pete, congrats on your Lions' perfect record. :yes:

Welll, the Browns made us look good as usual. I am still not happy with the way the offense is working and they need to step it upa bit if we are going to make it anywhere in the playoffs.

I have updated my personal Steeler Page with a playoff bracket if you care to follow it with me. :cheers: