A big FU to the neighbors........

Sir Sam

So ever since I purchased my MJ a couple of months ago its been sitting in my driveway.

Now I don't have junk all over, I keep my yard nice, etc. And of course I still have neighbors on my @$$.

So early on in the week my nieghbors sent over their hired-goon (son in law) saying "I don't think its fair they should have to look at all these cars"

Well I had two cars outside that did not have current plates on them(one of my 300ZX's and the MJ) so I moved the 300zx into my backyard and went and got the plates on the MJ.

So today I drove the MJ over the to brewery with the dog, had some free beer, then came home and parked the MJ out on the street in front of my house(which also gives them a nice view of it out their front window).

So hey, don't like my truck parked in my driveway, ok fine, I'll get plates on it and park it in the street where you can see it outside all the time.

Here is an old pic or reference:

(truck had been parked on the right where the green car is, the green car was moved further up, and the car under the cover was hauled off for scrap, my XJ's were parked in the driveway and the street where the black car is, tonight the truck got parked where the rustang is in that picture)

tour1.jpg

LOL...yea F' the neighbors...what you see when you look at my house is my MJ parked blocking 1 spot in the driveway and partially in front of my neighbors house (he is cool with it tho)..my brothers s10 with no motor in it sitting in the driveway..my Integra in the street in front of my house...then when my g/f and buddies come over there is cars EVERYWHERE... :roll:

"I don't think its fair they should have to look at all these cars"

Here is an old pic or reference:

(truck had been parked on the right where the green car is, the green car was moved further up, and the car under the cover was hauled off for scrap, my XJ's were parked in the driveway and the street where the black car is, tonight the truck got parked where the rustang is in that picture)

tour1.jpg

And your response should have been "Then move." If this picture is a realistic look at what is normally parked there, to effen bad for them. I'll admit, it's a parking lot, but if they're all plated and driveable, tuff shizzle. I'd say "it could be worse", but that is a huge understatement. They're not on jack stands, they're not half taken apart (with parts lying around etc), and they're not "legal but driveable" junk. What if you were the Brady Bunch and everybody had their own car? :D

ha good story. this is why i'm a little reluctant to be a home owner. cuz i know there will be times when I'm just too damn lazy to take care of my lawn and leave my cars laying around without wheels. them some nice 300z s btw. and don't you know that for most people in society driving/owning an jeep = redneck trash? then again REAL rednecks don't take care of are their cars and keep their yard nice and tidy...YOU POSER :D

:jump: :rotf:

you think that's bad?

it's bad, when you have scrapped 14 snowmobiles and the front of the barn still looks like it did before.

it's bad, when you get a picture with 6 comanches, 4 of which you own...and the volkswagon's in the shop with the cherokee down in front of the barn

n69205416_32298041_2315.jpg

n69205416_32298044_3047.jpg

:D

your neighbors have nothing to b*tch about... tell them to shut up and stop complaining, or you'll give them something real big to complain about (think military jeep in advanced decay)

That's such crap. As long as they are titled, tagged and legal, tell them to FU. I would ask my friends that have old beaters to come over and park them in the street for a few days. Unless your in a private community, those are public roads and they have nothing to say. If you have a housing association that has bylaw's that have some kind of clause about how many cars you can have and what not, you can do what you like as long as you stay within the law. I have a feeling this isn't the first time your neighbors have complain to you about something and probably won't be the last.

:cheers:

And your response should have been "Then move." If this picture is a realistic look at what is normally parked there, to effen bad for them. I'll admit, it's a parking lot, but if they're all plated and driveable, tuff shizzle. I'd say "it could be worse", but that is a huge understatement. They're not on jack stands, they're not half taken apart (with parts lying around etc), and they're not "legal but driveable" junk. What if you were the Brady Bunch and everybody had their own car? :D

Well, and thats the only problem they have to complain about, I had two cars parked outside(ie not screened from view) for more than 30days. I fixed that now, but it the whole situation still irks me.

Plus, I'm hoping to be buying a van soon, so we will see how they like that. jamminz.gif

ha good story. this is why i'm a little reluctant to be a home owner. cuz i know there will be times when I'm just too damn lazy to take care of my lawn and leave my cars laying around without wheels. them some nice 300z s btw. and don't you know that for most people in society driving/owning an jeep = redneck trash? then again REAL rednecks don't take care of are their cars and keep their yard nice and tidy...YOU POSER :D

Ya, the Z's are fun little toys, I sold the white car there so now I'm down to just 2 Zs and 1 parts Z car.

your neighbors have nothing to b*tch about... tell them to shut up and stop complaining, or you'll give them something real big to complain about (think military jeep in advanced decay)

They really don't. All I know is that I sure as hell won't be very friendly or amenable to them in the future.

That's such crap. As long as they are titled, tagged and legal, tell them to FU. I would ask my friends that have old beaters to come over and park them in the street for a few days. Unless your in a private community, those are public roads and they have nothing to say. If you have a housing association that has bylaw's that have some kind of clause about how many cars you can have and what not, you can do what you like as long as you stay within the law. I have a feeling this isn't the first time your neighbors have complain to you about something and probably won't be the last.

:cheers:

Well and thats the thing, I did have two cars without plates on them, otherwise they looked just fine, not old heaping wrecks of rust. I fixed that now, but the fact that they sent over their hired goon to talk to me(twice now) pisses me off.

Lucky for me I don't have a HOA, there are old bylaws, but no HOA in place now.

My neighbors werent to happy when the sander hit the MJ at 7 am and the rattle cans started shaking but theve grown to relize they can't stop me so they just gave up the b*tchen but now its even better when I pass my neighbor in his f-350 paying 4.79 a gallon for diesel at the pump HA!

You want to start / give the neighbors something to complain about? Then try starting the motor in your dirt track car at 1:30 in the morning on a Saturday/ Sunday morning. Talked about P-d off! :D Think no pipes, just manifolds with turn down stubs.... jamminz.gifjamminz.gif Scr*w 'em. No noise laws or ordinances out here.... jamminz.gif

I hear ya. there was an empty lot next to my house since my grand parents had it built in the 40s. Then in like 85 they build a house there and these 400lb people move in, start squeezing out kids( you didn't even know she was pregnant till she came home with a kid). Then they would ask me to move my car when i parked in front of there house. Of course i said no. All they do is scream and the 400lb lady walks around in a bathing suit :ack: :eek:

... these 400lb people move in, start squeezing out kids( you didnt even know she was pregnent till she came home with a kid). Then they would ask me to move my car when i parked in front of there house. Of course i said no. All they do is scream and the 400lb lady walks around ina bathing suit :ack: :eek:

Why?!? Why did you have to ruin my day? Now I have this terrible 8x10 in my head of 400lb ladies in bathing suits..... :eek:

I need to call them and tell them to FU myself!

Hey Sam, I don't see a problem there, everyone needs wheels these days, I had a problem when I lived intown a few years ago. I bought a PAIR of '49 Studebakers (since sold to a bro-in-law), one a 1/2 ton, the other a 3/4 ton. The 1/2 was being used for engine and trans parts and was basically a complete truck parked in the side yard. The 3/4 ton was completely disassembled, cab on jacks, frame on jacks, bed leaning against the back of the house, rear axle next to front porch.....you get the idea. The powers that be had no problem with the torn down 3/4, they were concerned about the "junk vehicle" in the side yard :nuts: . (THANK YOU NOSEY NEIGHBORS). It took some doing but in the 30 days alotted I had reassembled the one and both were moved behind a barn at (now ex) inlaws. The next year the house had been sold and I moved back out to the country.

Again Sam, I don't see any problem at your place IMHO.

Hey Sir Sam, you would fit right in down here, except maybe your yard's too neat. The more junk in the front yard, the richer you are. :D Especially if the wrecks are sitting on hollow blocks on the grass (weeds), 'cause that means you're not only rich, but smart - less grass to cut bi-annually. :cheers:

Part 2

A buddy of mine had a wrecker, a pickup, his wife's car, an antique Chrysler 300 (all tagged), a bass boat, a dirt track car on a trailer, and another track car around back. Neighbors complained so he put the spare racer, pickup, and the 300 in the basement, built an 8 ft fence w/gate around the trailer/racer in back. (HERE is the BEST part) He put twin cherry bombs on the wrecker and used it to comute (leaving at 5:30am) and started a weekly tuneup out front on the track car every Saturday. Needless to say the neighbors didn't bother him much after that (afraid? of what he might do next??....lol)

I have had on going issues with my home owners association. To the point of where they called the county on me. Mind you I did my research on the county ordinances, and knew what my rights were. Of course the county came out and talked to me. End result.. Now I am even more of a A-hole when it comes to when and what I do in my yard :D

By the way my county ordinance reads (to paraphrase) " all cars have to be able to roll. You can have one vehicle that is non mobile. Al cars have to be titled in your name, and county taxes paid. "

Wow, this makes me happy about the neighbors I have. Everything here is pretty well hidden or inside, but there would be plenty to complain about if they wanted to. The yard is kept up nice, but between me and my family, theres too many cars!

The cars that are currently immobile are: 65 GTO, 41 Dodge powerwagon, 41 Dodge powerwagon, 53 Dodge dually, 37 chevy sedan, and a fully restored 38 chevy pickup that needs finishing touches.

Cars that are driveable are: 05 Ram 2500, 04 Ram 1500, 05 Liberty, 04 F-350, 88 F-350, 91 Comanche, 91 Mustang LX, 91 Mustang GT, a car trailer and 3 tractors. The trick is to have a looong driveway so everything is hidden from the road. Also, it helps to have neighbors that race NMRO and have just as much stuff!!!