Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

1 hour ago, Sir Sam said:

Ya its just odd that they didnt put one of the sensors downstream of the final cat like the older ones did. Sure there are the two main cats, with upstream and downstream, that makes sense, its just odd to me to have no downstream o2 sensor after the final cat. Probably an engineering compromise since the 4 upstream got most of it, saves some money and complexity.

I have extra O2 side plugs if you want one. You are talking about the grey connector correct? Can drop in the mail if you would like, not sure how much of a hurry you are in.

I am getting this moving tonight hopefully.  I need to dig through my shop parts boxes and look for spare oxygen sensors since I keep them around for wire repairs.

I drove it around the neighborhood.  The transmission is still broken of course, but it can lazily make the MJ move around.  I powered washed it and I have found that there are at least two leaks.  One looks like it is from the passenger firewall/HVAC area and the other is dripping off the bottom of the dashboard above the driver feet.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Pete M said:

nooooooooo!!!!!!!! :( 

16 hours ago, Original 87 said:

Wow, sorry to see this what a bummer!! :( Good luck with the sale.

I just got home from throwing out several large piles of old Jeep parts to the curb for large trash pick up.  I am closing on this ten year chapter of my life and moving on to the next part.

I have sunk so much time and money into Jeeps over the past decade.  It has been a purpose driven escape from problems in my life that I ignored and attempted to drown myself in things that kept me busy.  I really can not express just how much money has disappeared into these projects as the amount is staggering.  I have hit my limit, managed to incur a ton of debt in the past few months unrelated to all of this, and things have to change/keep changing.  Over the past year I have been going to a psychologist, getting medical treatment, lost seventy pounds of body weight, and have a plan for my future.  Hell, I even had a girlfriend for a bit recently.

15 minutes ago, Alexia said:

I just got home from throwing out several large piles of old Jeep parts to the curb for large trash pick up.  I am closing on this ten year chapter of my life and moving on to the next part.

Selling the LJ too?

Glad to hear you're making steps to get life back on track. We will miss the MJ, but we care about you more than that man. Hope it sells well and to someone who will love it as much as you did, and hopefully, someone who will continue with it here in the community.

In the meantime, if there's anything the rest of us can do to help you man, don't hesitate to reach out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Selling the LJ too?

Only if I succeed at dream goal #2 - Which is to work and live in Japan.  I had a taste of that recently and I am hooked on city life not worrying about a car.  I love the LJ too much though so it may stay with family some how.  Though I don't really have much of that left.

5 minutes ago, thecodemonk said:

Glad to hear you're making steps to get life back on track. We will miss the MJ, but we care about you more than that man. Hope it sells well and to someone who will love it as much as you did, and hopefully, someone who will continue with it here in the community.

In the meantime, if there's anything the rest of us can do to help you man, don't hesitate to reach out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you.  <3  The person who contacted me is very active here so it should live on here assuming they purchase it.

do what ya gotta do for you. :L:  ownership was never a requirement for membership so don't be a stranger.  :waving: the club still owes you tons of beers.   just be sure you don't look at your Jeeps as some sort of failure or waste of time.  you created something very beautiful in them and inspired countless other owners.  :D 

and I've heard that the big cities of Japan are either hate it or loooooove it.  no one I know has ever come back and said "meh".  :laugh:

Well yes get your personal stuff worked out first there will always be time for more Jeeps or whatever else you want later when you can enjoy it. 

Good luck and I hope you can make your dreams happen. Sounds like a great life adventure. 

i know the feeling. you did well reviving the MJ and can appreciate lifes situations, sounds like you have a plan and thats half the battle. be glad to see another member continue the love. And well you enjoy Japan. send me some fire crackers. :beerbang:

On 6/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, Alexia said:

I have sunk so much time and money into Jeeps over the past decade.  It has been a purpose driven escape from problems in my life that I ignored and attempted to drown myself in things that kept me busy.  I really can not express just how much money has disappeared into these projects as the amount is staggering.  I have hit my limit, managed to incur a ton of debt in the past few months unrelated to all of this, and things have to change/keep changing.  Over the past year I have been going to a psychologist, getting medical treatment, lost seventy pounds of body weight, and have a plan for my future.  Hell, I even had a girlfriend for a bit recently.

I have had a few girls myself over the time of my build, but I still have the MJ and shes always there sitting quiet and ready for me to ride her when I'm ready. The perfect girlfriend. :shhh: 

10 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

I have had a few girls myself over the time of my build, but I still have the MJ and shes always there sitting quiet and ready for me to ride her when I'm ready. The perfect girlfriend. :shhh: 

To clarify that, I am Ace/Aro.  I have difficulty forming sexual and romantic attraction to people.(Possibly due to two decades of deep depression.)  But, uh, yeah, my hobbies due tend to be the perfect partners.  :P

Some good news this week: I sold off my CNC mill and some other bits that should pay off all of the high interest credit card debt which will get me out of immediate financial disaster by the end of this month.

Signed up with an account just to comment on this build - I think I saw a reddit post you made about it and had to check it out. Amazing how much work you put in to to this and I completely understand the frustration you must feel getting this far only to have more issues keeping you from driving it. You seem like you know what you want to do moving forward so I won't try to talk you out of it, just wanted to say I started at the beginning and was grinning the whole time seeing your progress page after page after page. Wish you the best of luck and thanks for this beautiful story of a jeep that would have likely ended up in the smasher. Hopefully the person that buys it goes on to fix the leaks and the trans problems and has an amazing machine that lasts due largely to your many many hours of hard work. Good luck with your next 10 year, I'm sure it will be amazing. :)

On 6/23/2020 at 11:05 AM, Alexia said:

To clarify that, I am Ace/Aro.  I have difficulty forming sexual and romantic attraction to people.(Possibly due to two decades of JEEP depression.)  But, uh, yeah, my hobbies due tend to be the perfect partners.  :P

Fixed that for you lol!

I am supposed to be meeting someone this weekend that is interested in purchasing my Subaru with a partial trade.  If that goes through I would 31% of my debt paid off most of which is the high interest debt.  So if that happens theoretically I could keep the truck around and let it languish some more until I had money to work on it.

I very clearly have listed in my sale posting on Facebook for my Subaru that absolutely no bank will loan them money to buy it.(Clean title, but prior reported water damage.)

1.) Buyer offers partial trade plus cash.

2.) Drive two hours away to Chattanooga, TN.(We agreed to meet up "half" way.)

3.) Buyer is a kid who literally just turned eighteen and graduated high school.

4.) Partial trade is not a clean title as stated, but a rebuilt title.  Also it needs a clutch, the bumpers are falling off, and the dash is destroyed.

5.) "I have to talk to my bank about a loan for the cash-"

No bank is going to loan you money for a salvage history vehicle or to an eighteen year old buying a WRX STI and especially not the combination of those two.  Also, I would be surprised if any insurance company will insure an eighteen year old for a WRX STI and if they do it will be vastly out of their budget.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, Pete M said:

:banana:

although this assumes you're happy about selling your car.  :dunno:  I wasn't happy about parting with my Dakota R/T, but I was happy about having a handful of cash. 

I drove it one thousand miles in the past year.  I was done with it!