srt

jtdesigns

honestly i was not impressed with the new srt4, the neon was so much faster, and the caliber has too many electronic gismos.

and the challenger, it looks good and the chrome fuel door is a nice touch until you open it and realize its plastic and it makes the entire car feel cheap, and the srt has nasty ugly rims.

I agree with you on the Neon being faster, but the Caliber looks so much better than a Neon.

The fuel door on the Challenger is not plastic, it is chrome plated cast aluminum. :cheers:

I prefer the Neon SRT-4 without a doubt. I had a 05 SRT-4 ACR "Neon" it was much faster, handled way better, was much more of a track car the the Caliber will ever be. The seating was perfect, the Viper seats rock. The only SRT that is faster or handles better is the SRT-10 Viper. The Richard Petty drivers agreed with that also. The Neon SRT-4 was designed by the Viper SRT-10 design team and the Caliber was designed by the regular designers. I have driven both at Road America and was able to got 160+ in my Neon and had to back off because I hit the rev limiter on the front straight and the other 2 straight aways also. The Caliber strugged to hit 150mph.

Cornering was no comparision, but thats because I had the ACR. My ACR's cornering speeds where 20 to 30mph faster and 35mph faster on the Carousel.

The SRT-8's , the Caliber, and the SRT-10 pick-up has a loose floating feeling over 130mph. The SRT-4 and SRT-6 are better and rate about the same. The SRT-4 ACR stayed tight at any speed. There were corners the SRT-4 ACR could pull on the SRT-10 Viper but the Viper would pull on a stock SRT-4 ACR otherwise. The Stage 3 SRT-4 gave the Viper a run for the money in the tight sections.

The SRT-10 Viper ACR would smoke them all.

Here are some youtube links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8mzmScgVik&feature=related

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with possum!

bc083xb9.jpg

why would you not want 870 rwhp?

Can you say lag queen? How about dyno queen?

Thing is, I would rather have a car with 400rwhp and about zero turbo lag, get alot more use out of it.

My Dream "rides".

OK, this one would be "dreamier" with Dynatrac ProRock 60's Front and Rear, 35 or 37" Tires and a few other small things...Maybe a HEMI

img3461cn2.jpg

Likewise, this one would include 31" tires, a 3-3.5" Lift, a 4.7L Stroker, Front/Rear Lockers with Deeper Gears (Axles swapped from my TJ maybe) and some other things...

img0865yd0.jpg

Here are some 4x4's I like to have

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

1 of my 2 favorite Mopars... The '68 race Hemi Dodge Dart

Image Not Found