srt

jtdesigns

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I ever get my desire it ill have to be German..

Me too, but since I've had so many, but not quite like the below, I'm a Benz guy, so this is the one I want (yeah, I'm dreaming, that's me driving):

97744905c5271_15.jpg

Mercedes-Benz S 65 AMG SEDAN, 5980-cc V12 engine, 0 to 100 km/h in 4.4 seconds and 0 to 200 km/h in just 13.3 seconds, top speed 250 km/h, 32 MPG. Great family car too. :D

Cept your not getting a sniff at any of that German stuff for the original $38K for the SRT in the first post...

I mean if we are talking dream cars or whatever sure, but that's a whole nother thread (maybe we could start a "dream car" thread...

Crap, I just realized I paid about $38K for my Chevy Tahoe 5 years ago...how depressing...

Cept your not getting a sniff at any of that German stuff for the original $38K for the SRT in the first post...

I mean if we are talking dream cars or whatever sure, but that's a whole nother thread (maybe we could start a "dream car" thread...

Crap, I just realized I paid about $38K for my Chevy Tahoe 5 years ago...how depressing...

Yes but that Ta-HOE was brandspankin new for that price... and yeah none of these cars are under 40g,,,

Oh, I'm sure those pics are dream cars for most of us. Now for a classic, I'll take your Camaro also, but I'd probably take a 69 Chevelle, 396 BB, cowl induction hood etc, OR, a classic GOAT convertible. Now in that I'd be ok with a 326 instead of a big block, just because I always thought it was cool Poontiac had their "own 326" while the Chebby's had the 327.

In high school, my best friend talked an older friend of ours into letting him drive for the summer one of his many GTOs and Tempests he had laying around waiting for restoration. We spent about $40 in used tires, got it to pass inspection, and just had a blast in it all summer. We'd argue who's turn it was to drive. I think it was a 67, and it was a black Tempest 326 with 3 On The Tree baby! We called it...........The Black Widow (so creative). Good times......... :chillin:

JT, Cruise dumped a 92"8" in the lake. 928 being their badass V8 car, 924 being their POS 4cyl watered down version of the great 944. Love love love the 944. Still has some of the sweetest lines to it today.

Right 928... to many numbers...... Ive been doing alot of dimensioning at work today..... :hmm:

I have cad drawing nightmares at night,,, its pretty bad..

But still was a sweet ride to a kid like me back then...

They're thinking the cost to upgrade from the current ZR1 to this is near zilch in relation to the positive brand image it will give them for having a world class supercar for $100G's (and in real dollars is probably pennies too). The current ZR1 already is highly respected for the performance to dollar ratio. A Vette is not for everyone, but neither is a Lambo Gallardo or Saleen S7. Point being, those cars will cost you twice as much and would wear your azz out if you tried to use it as a DD or even just typical city driving, whereas this beast, they say, will be just as easy to drive at 25mph as it is at 150mph. I'll still take my 911 Turbo if I had just one pick, but this wouldn't be far down the list.

Oh, but GM is already catching heat for the clear spot in the hood to show the manifold cover. I think they brought back the old Pontiac designer who was in charge of putting all the plastic cladding on them for 20yrs LOL!

I already own my dream car:

lasucks6.jpg

Personally, I have about zero interest in $150,000 playthings of the super rich, I'm only interested in things people like you and me can hope to afford.

Hence, $1000 jeeps are much more interesting than $150,000 sports cars.