Boston - LA Like the Good Ol' Days

HOrnbrod

I have wanted to see Boston win it all year :cheers: ever since they made that trade for Allen and Garnett---> he deserves to get a ring after being stuck on the T'wolves for all those years :roll:

Agreed. How 'bout Paul Pierce stuck on the Celtics for 10 years too? I love Boston; used to watch them in the old Gahden when I was a kid. This is their first trip back to the finals in 21 years. If Allen continues shooting as he did the last couple of games, and Garnett continues playing his usual stellar game, there's no doubt. BEAT LA!

BTW, where was Jack Nicholson in LA? They can't win w/o him. :D

I go back as far as the '80's and those old Celtic - Laker match-ups were epic!

The Celtics are my home town team and I am psyched for this series.

Figured you would be. :D Likewise. My best sports memories are watching Hondo, Cowens, Larry Legend, KC and Sam Jones, Heinson, Sharman, Cousy, DJ, etc. etc. in the old Garden. Damn, I must be an old bastid too! 8) Let's hope the new reassembled Celtics don't tank like the Pats did. :cry: Just saw the Giants received their Super Bowl rings yesterday.

Damn I must be one old geezer but I watched Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West VS Bill Russel and John Havlicek. Man was that a great series in 69!

Man, if that makes you old, I don't want to think about what that makes me. I remember John Havlicek from when he was in college. I started being a Celts fan when Bob Cousy was still an active player. There have been guards since Cousy, but IMHO Bob Cousy will always be Mr. Celtics and Mr. Basketball. He was a real class act, an incomparable player.

http://www.nba.com/history/players/cousy_bio.html

Man, if that makes you old, I don't want to think about what that makes me. I remember John Havlicek from when he was in college. I started being a Celts fan when Bob Cousy was still an active player. There have been guards since Cousy, but IMHO Bob Cousy will always be Mr. Celtics and Mr. Basketball. He was a real class act, an incomparable player.

Me too Eagle. I think Cousy and Bill Sharman were one of the best backcourt duos ever. Cousy was probably the best playmaker of his day, and Sharman one of the best pure shooters ever.

Me too Eagle. I think Cousy and Bill Sharman were one of the best backcourt duos ever. Cousy was probably the best playmaker of his day, and Sharman one of the best pure shooters ever.

Bob Cousy was legend in 69 I was 8 years old but my father was an avid Celtics fan which made me one ever since. As I recall Cousy was the first to utilize the around the back layup, man was he way ahead of his time!

Game 1 tonight from the Gah-den. CELTS WILL WIN IN 7 (that is if they can keep the homecourt advantage.) :brows: :beerhead:

I think I gave the LAF (Los Angeles Fakers) too much credit. They suck, can not handle the D of Boston. Celts in 5.

Naw - they ain't at all like to old Celts. Neither are the Fakers for that matter. This series is just not turning me on like the Larry - Magic championship series of yesteryear. But I guess that's progress like the ever rising gas prices....... :cry:

I guess I'm the only one on the forum watching the NBA playoffs. Game 4 tonight; best comeback in NBA playoff history. Celts down 24, Fakers choked, gasped, etc. etc. at home in the second half, Celts up 3-1. Damn, life is sweet. :beerhead:

I like the Lakers, but after last night, they don't deserve the championship.

They can play well at times. But they just don't have that killer instinct. They tend to relax too much when they have a big lead.

I like the Lakers, but after last night, they don't deserve the championship.

They can play well at times. But they just don't have that killer instinct. They tend to relax too much when they have a big lead.

The Kobe Bryant "We just wet the bed" comment pretty much summed up last night.

The Celts will take it tonight and Paul Pierce will be named MVP! See you at the parade.

This makes up double for the Pats. In 40+ years of watching NBA playoffs, I have never seen such hardcourt carnage, such domination offensively and defensively, such choking (Fakers of course), and the 4th quarter hasn't even started yet. If I didn't hate the Fakers so bad I'd stop watching because of pity. But NOT!

And hell yeah - Paul for MVP. Damn, he deserves it. Life is sweet again. :cheers: :cheers: