$500 Manche... Worth Looking at? *** My new $400 MJ ***

SuperWade2

I emailed em and the Tranny is "shot" and I will have to tow or trailer the thing home (*about 60 miles) if I decide to get it.

Think it's worth looking at? I have to assume 2WD... am still considering an engine swap into my 89 (Would I have issues going from 87->89, both 4.0L - 5 Spd, I assume this one a BA5/10 and mines an AX15?)

1987 Jeep Comanche Pick Up Truck - $500 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)

For Sale AGAIN - buyer never showed / $500. 4.0 6 cyl. / 5 Speed / New exhaust, starter, alternator, and all hoses / 151K miles / engine runs great / transmission needs to be replaced / registration good through April 2009

01010201160101040420080518e38ad742fdc42f41d800deb1.jpg

01010501151001040720080518f33fbb3675c6d8f25b00457f.jpg

Here in Ohio I believe it would be a great deal, and I would jump on it if I had any funds left. For Wisconsin it'd be horribly overpriced. :D

I'll take a wheel of cheese and hope they are from Wisconsin!

Here in Ohio I believe it would be a great deal, and I would jump on it if I had any funds left. For Wisconsin it'd be horribly overpriced. :D

haha. nope.

i actually "payed" more than that for my newest comanche. of course, that's not a big deal when i payed in scrap metal that's byproducts of other projects... :roll: :chillin:

Looks like a solid rig. If it's still got floors in it I'd buy it. If it was a Wisconsin truck I wouldn't touch it unless it had a big free sign on it cause they have a tendency to disappear when pressure washed.

Still curuous if I would have issues with the engine swap from the 87 to my 89?

no, but why would you want to?

Because my 4.0L is about shot... Most of the lifters aren't lifting, I have a solid fairly repatable miss and I burn oil like It's going out of style...I think I'm losing compression and this one has 30% fewer miles than mine....

Sw2

Looks like a solid rig. If it's still got floors in it I'd buy it. If it was a Wisconsin truck I wouldn't touch it unless it had a big free sign on it cause they have a tendency to disappear when pressure washed.

:jump:

The engine block might survive.............

I emailed em and the Tranny is "shot" and I will have to tow or trailer the thing home (*about 60 miles) if I decide to get it.

Seriously Wade, if it's only 60 miles away, it's a no-brainer to take go a peek at it. What'll it cost ya? Maybe 8 gallons if you take the MJ? You could be pleasantly surprised.

Hey superwade2 where is that manche located , u know , just caus I'm curious :evil:

j/k

Its FAR FAR FAR Away from you I'm pretty sure...

actually I don't even know yet... I've traded one email with the sell and left a vmail.. I can't get up there to see it until Saturday because it's crazy at work this week and I can't sneak off... so I'm guessing it will be gone before Saturday anyhow, but We will have to see...

I didn't get a "Hell No" from the wife when I mentioned it, so in my book, that's as good as a yes...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not FoundImage Not Found

bought in wisconsin

Talked to the guy today... I'm gonna call back Friday night and if he still has it, go up and look on Saturday...I'm taking cash if I go, and will have to rent a tow dolly or trailer to bring it home ...and I will repeat my ?...

"How hard would it be to hookup an 2WD mj to a uhaul tow dolly to tow home behind my tahoe? I've towed the tj on a borrowed fladbed trailer before, so I know it'll tow just fine"

He said the engine runs "really well" @ ~150K... Might need to replace the rear seal, but if I had the thing yanked, it would have probably been on the list of stuff to do anyhow (I actually need to find a "list" for an engine swap since I've never done one before)...You pro's on here could probably bust out a swap in less than an hour, including stopping for a beer and pizza run :cheers:

Said the Pukegoat was toast...

JUST got a couple pics.... the "apparent" Very Nice Black interior might be enough to push this into the No Brainer Category...

jeepcomanchedashsmalleruh6.jpg

jeepcomanchefrontsmallepw7.jpg

jeepcomanchebedsmaller2si1.jpg

"How hard would it be to hookup an 2WD mj to a uhaul tow dolly to tow home behind my tahoe? I've towed the tj on a borrowed fladbed trailer before, so I know it'll tow just fine"

JUST got a couple pics.... the "apparent" Very Nice Black interior might be enough to push this into the No Brainer Category...

You shouldnt have any problems towing.. You might want to remover the drive shaft from the rear end and tie it up...

I think you be right,,,,,, NO BRAINER!!!!

...and I will repeat my ?...

Tahoe = Full size pick-up???

You should have no problems towing with a full size pick-up, Rule of thumb is the tow vehicle being larger/heavier than the towed vehicle.

Just give your self some extra time for braking.......that tow dolly and vehicle have no problems pushing you down the road when you need to stop.

Putting the non-running/moving MJ on the dolly could be a problem, But you could "winch" it up the ramps with a come-a-long, although, 2 of us pushed a MJ on the dolly......easier with a winch :roll:

And just to be sure, it wouldn't hurt to take the rear drive shaft off the MJ while it's being towed.

And I hope this don't turn into another 4 pages on towing :roll:

And if you get the dolly from U-haul, pay the extra $5 for the ($5K) insurance that covers your tow vehicle, and the towed vehicle, and the dolly.

Other wise......that's a nice find for the $$$. Even if you just changed out the BA10, it's still a good find......better than the $400 running rust bucket I just picked up :roll:

If you were "closer" to me.....I have a couple of 2wd BA10's, a 2wd AX5, and a 2wd AW4 sitting in the shop :roll: Can't seam to get rid of the 2wd's.

x3 it will be just fine towing home with a uhaul dolly. i recently towed my 89 2wd just over 100 miles on a tow dolly with my v6 trailblazer and didnt have problem one out of it. and the driveshaft is a personal preference. if you want to drop it, go ahead. i didnt feel like crawling under mine, so i tossed it in neutral and never looked back.

Mike

Tahoe = Full size pick-up???

Yah Full Sized SUV actually, 5.3L V8 ~9000 lb Towing Capacity, etc...

Putting the non-running/moving MJ on the dolly could be a problem, But you could "winch" it up the ramps with a come-a-long, although, 2 of us pushed a MJ on the dolly......easier with a winch :roll:

I think I've elimintaed the Tow Dolly from the equation and just going to borrow the flatbed trailer that I used to tow the TJ up to a 4x4Club run earlier this year. Has the Dual Axles with the electronic brakes (and I have the controller head and such). Like you said the hard part will be getting it up the ramps. I do have a come-a-long, I'm just not sure what it's rated at

Other wise......that's a nice find for the $$$. Even if you just changed out the BA10, it's still a good find......better than the $400 running rust bucket I just picked up :roll:

If you were "closer" to me.....I have a couple of 2wd BA10's, a 2wd AX5, and a 2wd AW4 sitting in the shop :roll: Can't seam to get rid of the 2wd's.

This part could be a challenge around here... I have some guys that are regulars and pros at the local Pick and Pulls...maybe I could get one of them to look for a tranny for me on 50% off day or whatever...