johnnyc's MJ

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Club. I like your wheels it really changes the look and makes it more modern looking. Keep up the great work.

My wife and I will be heading down south to the Anaheim area in January. We might need to set up an informal G2G. (Get 2 gether) jamminz.gif

Welcome to the Club. I like your wheels it really changes the look and makes it more modern looking. Keep up the great work.

My wife and I will be heading down south to the Anaheim area in January. We might need to set up an informal G2G. (Get 2 gether) jamminz.gif

Let me know when and I'll arrange something.

Let me know when and I'll arrange something.

Cool

Just did the WJ brake booster and master cylinder swap yesterday. What a huge difference! The brakes were really weak before. Now the braking is fantastic. Pretty straightforward mod. We didn't run into any issues. Best $20 mod ever.

And I did some minor routine maintenance. Installed the fuel injectors that I got from http://www.precisionfuelinjectors.com . Installed a new track bar, which fixed my death wobble problem. And swapped out the headlight switch, which gives me back my tail lights and dash lights. :banana:

Also, got my new (to me) MT/Rs mounted and balanced. :thumbsup:

That's a rare beauty with the straight body and good accessories. Great color too. Just wondering if you had to change out all the sensors when you swapped in the full guage cluster. That's my next project for my '86. I've been told the idiot light panel uses analog engine sensors that are different from the full guage cluster sensors. Keep putting up pix as your project progresses.

Great color?? Thanks, it's primer gray. :D The plans are to paint it white. But some friends say white is too boring and that a gray or silver would be good. I don't know.

Yes, if you swap out the gauge clusters, you have to change the two sensors too.

Just did the WJ brake booster and master cylinder swap yesterday. What a huge difference! The brakes were really weak before. Now the braking is fantastic. Pretty straightforward mod. We didn't run into any issues. Best $20 mod ever.

And I did some minor routine maintenance. Installed the fuel injectors that I got from http://www.precisionfuelinjectors.com . Installed a new track bar, which fixed my death wobble problem. And swapped out the headlight switch, which gives me back my tail lights and dash lights. :banana:

Also, got my new (to me) MT/Rs mounted and balanced. :thumbsup:

Nice truck! what did you need to do the wj brake booster and master cylinder swap? :thumbsup:

All you need is a WJ brake booster and master cylinder. And you have to bend some new hard lines, which my buddy helped me with.

I got the booster and master off a 99 WJ in the junkyard. The thing was completely stripped except for those two things. Oh, and it was a half-price weekend. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...what have I done lately?

Put on four black flares to give more contrast.

Wired up the kick panel lights.

Swapped out the oil filter adapter o-rings.

Fixed some leaky tranny lines.

Put a factory black steering wheel on to replace the POS Grant wheel.

Just got an e-mail from DC when I requested a build sheet.

Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats

Skid Plate Group

Monotone Paint

Kicker/SRT Livin' Loud Audio System (Didn't know that.)

90 Amp Alternator

500 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

Power Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes

Low Back Bucket Seats

Reclining Front Seats

Carpets - Floor and Cargo Area

Mini Floor Console

All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions

4-Speed Automatic AW4 Transmission

Lock-Up Torque Converter

Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System

Floor Mount Automatic Shift Lever

Dana M30/181MM Front Axle

3.55 Axle Ratio

Dana 44/226MM Rear Axle

Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle (Didn't know that either.)

4.0L Power Tech I-6 Engine

Tinted Glass Windows

Tinted Windshield Glass

Front Door Tinted Glass

Fixed Door Vent Glass

Rear Sliding Window

Left Remote Mirror

Right Remote Control Mirror

Manual Remote Mirrors

Air Conditioning

Analog Instrument Cluster

85 MPH Primary Speedometer

Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers

Cigar Lighter

Glove Box Lamp

Halogen Headlamps

Black Front Bumper

Black Front Bumper

Front License Plate Bracket

Black Grille

Black Windshield Moldings

Upper Door Frame Moldings

Belt Moldings

Body Color Drip Trough Molding

Federal Emissions

EVAP Control System

18.5 Gallon Fuel Tank

Speed Control

Dark Silver Metallic

Dark Silver Metallic Clear Coat

All Radio Equipped Vehicles

AM/FM Cassette Radio

4 Speakers

Power Rack and Pinion Steering (Say what?)

2-Spoke Soft Feel Steering Wheel

Standard Duty Shock Absorbers

Rear Shock Absorbers

Tilt Steering Column

Full Size Spare Tire

Tire Carrier Winch

P215/75R15 OWL All Terrain Tires

Goodyear Brand Tires

15X7.0 Styled Steel Wheels

All Steel Wheels

Pickup Box

5 Additional Gallons of Gas (Interesting.)

Rear Spring Group I

And the write-up for swapping on the 97+ XJ doors is in the latest issue of JP Magazine, complete with descriptions of all the wiring involved.

And yes, there is a picture of me bent over showing my good side.

Last weekend, I picked up a dash bezel from the junkyard that had blank switch panels on both sides of the steering column. And I got a cigarette lighter delete panel. So now I have all sorts of blank panels for mounting switches and stuff. I got rid of the cigarette lighter and wired up a 3-socket box that includes a USB outlet.

And an up-to-date picture of the MJ with the black flares on.