CrankShaftKid's 88 MJ (4wd swap)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome!!

I might have to stop in and see how much they will charge to do mine. Are they pretty busy right now with all the Hurricane IKE body work?

Didnt seem too much more busy in there. Talk to Marc. He does a great job and will make sure your treated right.

NICE BUMPER(S)!!!!!!!

Truck looks great!!! How much did the whole painting the truck run you if you don't mind me asking? That's quality work from what I can see. Basecoat/clearcoat?

Did you have any issues bolting up the rear bumper to the truck?

And last but not least - UPDATE YOUR AVATAR!

• 3 weeks later...

crankshaftkid that sure looks killer you have done an awsome job with our old truck it looks amazing all i can say is wow and keep up the great work i sold my other one if you remember i had the blue with the woody paper on it sold it to a friend of mine here in mcallen things got rough and had to sell the toy's one of these day's when i get back on my feet i will look for another manche or who knows maybe ill buy one of my old ones back...lol...you are doing a great job keep it up love that 97 look and color sure is nice.. again congrats its nice to see my sons old truck getting a face lift...lol..take care and keep up the great work...

• 2 months later...

Now the questions.

1. What will my new rear driveshaft length need to be if with a 4x4 ax15 and a dana 44 rear.

2. Can I use my existing flywheel?

3. Can I use my existing cylinder?

4. What am I looking at as far as wiring goes making the old stuff/new stuff work.

5. Can I use the cherokee x-member and exisiting bolt holes on my MJ?

More to follow. :banana:

Questions should really go in the tech forum so more people will see them. :thumbsup:
Pete could this be moved

if not I'll answer based on what i done

1. What will my new rear driveshaft length need to be if with a 4x4 ax15 and a dana 44 rear. :dunno: mine was already 4x4

2. Can I use my existing flywheel? yes i have used the same fly swaping from the puke jo to the AX-15 internal/external

3. Can I use my existing cylinder? i had issues :headpop: with the slave cylinder which i hope that your are referencing and i should have gotten one from the dealer that's why i went with the external setup just a bit easy

4. What am I looking at as far as wiring goes making the old stuff/new stuff work. that you have to be based on what year the ax-15 which i believe it a pre-94 and the swap year was 89 so the connection may be a bit different i got lucky

5. Can I use the cherokee x-member and exisiting bolt holes on my MJ? :dunno: i didnt have that problem... i hoping that you also got the tranny mount since there is a difference between the two :brows: i saw pic's some where on here.

hope this helps some and good luck :cheers: