CrankShaftKid's 88 MJ (4wd swap)

1988 MJ Sport 2wd D44 Rear 4.0 5 speed

With the new shoes 245/75 MT/r's on rubicons.

Other plans are 4wd. 99+ Front end conversion and new Paint. Thanks so far to Boilermaker with major help on parts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck. Tell us a little more about it, equipment, plans etc... I was going to do a search for white commanches w/ a chrome grille so I could see if I liked it. Just didn't have the time, the only difference from what I plan is Canyon wheels. What color is your interior?

In the Backround is that a 68-70 Roadrunner, Satellite or Coronet?

You don't like Smurf Blue? I'm thinking to change mine from Maroon TO Smurf Blue. White paint and green tinted windows.

Ahhh it's a Coronet.

Nice truck. Tell us a little more about it, equipment, plans etc... I was going to do a search for white commanches w/ a chrome grille so I could see if I liked it. Just didn't have the time, the only difference from what I plan is Canyon wheels. What color is your interior?

In the Backround is that a 68-70 Roadrunner, Satellite or Coronet?

You don't like Smurf Blue? I'm thinking to change mine from Maroon TO Smurf Blue.

Thanks. That car in the background is my previous project, 69 Coronet Super Bee.

• 2 months later...

love the moabs. funny, i have a wheel thread right now about canyons and ravines, but i left out moabs because they still cost a good bit more than what you can get the others for. otherwise, i'd probably go for moabs or MT Classics w/beadlock.

Truck will look awesome in that GM color.

Getting it done at Rancourt Paint and Body on 290 in cypress. Used to work there. Not using either bumper, so both are forsale and I'm also losing the hitch setup.

Does that mean you can get discounts??? :D

How much do you want for the bumpers and hitch?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you swapping out the front header panel? I noticed that it looks like you have the 97+ fenders on there now...

Wanna sell all of the chrome parts off of your old style header?

Also, if you can, that rear bumper will be EXTREMELY easy to mount with the box off of the truck.