#%#^$&@ KIDS!!!!!

james750

People used to stuff potatoes up tail pipes when I was a kid. Too much back pressure, and the car wouldn't start.

Then someone did it to our VW Jetta TDI (diesel). Lot higher compression, lot stronger starter. Blew the potato out so hard it sounded like a bomb went off.

:roll: Kids today are just out of control. It's the parents fault too as there is no control or punishment like there used to be. Fathers need to grow some balls and get out there belts again...mothers need to pay attention to whats going on and get out the whippin' switch.

I think the the problems started with people like DR Spock & his writings. The butt head apparently had no ball's or was scared lil kids would beat his a---- if he confronted them on mis-behavior. The liberial left uses it as gudiance for raising their kids & so here we be. Like my neighbor kid say's "You may be my mom, but you can't f',n touch me cause I'll call the police if you do", and he does and he wins by default every time.

I don't know where this is going to end. Society embraces the 1 tenth of 1 percent incidences to justify a change. Mankind and other creatures raised and taught their offspring for thousands of years. Now we learn that was all wrong. Nature uses pain (attention) to learn. The point was to develop a thought process before a bad deed is done. Overwhelmingly people are capable of doing this. Very very few go "hey violence is okay". Without discipline few will develope the thought process of thinking about the consequences and effects of one' actions. The expression of one rotten apple come to mind.

This attitude as als degraded education and business. If the way it had been was so wrong why are we not still living in caves and how did we build some of the things we did.

There was a court case a few years back where a guy was charged for beating his kid witha belt. He took it all the way to the supreme court and won. They said something like it was ok because it was to discipline.

James, you may not be the one who gets to dish it out but justice will come around. Everytime someone gets away with a stunt like this they get braver and do it again. If it happens again, look around. They are probably watching.

Think hard and be honest with yourself- Might they have had a reason? :hmm: I don't mean to chip on you, but in their minds, the pranksters might have been thinking about something other than laughs.

That sucks man. Atleast it wasnt anyworse than just trash in the tail pipe. they could have vandalized the crap out of it. the other day someone stole the change cup out of my xj in my apartment parking lot and threw my cup on the ground. there was atleast 5 bucks in there... WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

thank god i am old enough that when i was growing up in the 50's and 60's it was still ok to beat your kids when they deserved it.it sure kept me out of trouble as the thought of dealing with my parents if i got caught was a great deterrent to getting in trouble.

You just have to be careful how far you go. My old man broke a 2x4 across my back and bull whipped me several times when I broke "his rules" (yet my younger brother got away with everything) as well as bare fisted beatings. (he was a mean drunk too)

Turning point came when my brother fell down the stairs (I was already at the bottom and not involved) and he came in when my mom was comforting my brother and assumed I had something to do with it, and started wailing on me. My mother tried to stop him, and he back handed her across the room. That's when the switch flipped and I got the upper hand.

I hit him so hard he sunk into the lathe and plaster wall and although surprised, he came back fighting (he was a former Marine Corps drill sergeant in the Korean war and several times I watched him beat two or three guys down at a time, including some cops that went over the line)

I got damn lucky and cold cocked him, and my mom told me I should leave before he awoke. That's when I joined a NATO peace keeping troupe and got posted in Cyprus (75)

I agree also that kids today need (and WANT, believe it or not) discipline but today's parents are scared to for fear of the courts and jail time. Have yall noticed that almost ALL of the "child experts" either are fresh out of college and/or have no children of their own.

My Dad tore my butt up many times but to this day I DO NOT consider it being abuse, he got my attention so I wouldn't do something worse. Everyone wants to point their fingers at someone else and say "it's their fault......" I will too, it's my Parent's fault that I have never been arrested, I am responsible for my actions, never have been in any serious trouble, support myself and my expensive habits (food, shelter, lights, etc).

I drove a school bus several years ago and didn't have any trouble out of the kids (for the most part) once they realized what was expected from them as far as their behavior was concerned, they showed me respect for what I was doing for them and that respect was returned to them and even today when I see one of "my kids" they stop and talk to me, not bad for a "mean ole bus driver" huh ? Oh, and this was done without laying one finger on any of them, you'd be surprised how quick they come around when Momma has to carry them to school.

I agree also that kids today need (and WANT, believe it or not) discipline but today's parents are scared to for fear of the courts and jail time. Have yall noticed that almost ALL of the "child experts" either are fresh out of college and/or have no children of their own.

My Dad tore my butt up many times but to this day I DO NOT consider it being abuse, he got my attention so I wouldn't do something worse. Everyone wants to point their fingers at someone else and say "it's their fault......" I will too, it's my Parent's fault that I have never been arrested, I am responsible for my actions, never have been in any serious trouble, support myself and my expensive habits (food, shelter, lights, etc).

I drove a school bus several years ago and didn't have any trouble out of the kids (for the most part) once they realized what was expected from them as far as their behavior was concerned, they showed me respect for what I was doing for them and that respect was returned to them and even today when I see one of "my kids" they stop and talk to me, not bad for a "mean ole bus driver" huh ? Oh, and this was done without laying one finger on any of them, you'd be surprised how quick they come around when Momma has to carry them to school.

:thumbsup:

You just have to be careful how far you go. My old man broke a 2x4 across my back and bull whipped me several times when I broke "his rules" (yet my younger brother got away with everything) as well as bare fisted beatings. (he was a mean drunk too)

Turning point came when my brother fell down the stairs (I was already at the bottom and not involved) and he came in when my mom was comforting my brother and assumed I had something to do with it, and started wailing on me. My mother tried to stop him, and he back handed her across the room. That's when the switch flipped and I got the upper hand.

I hit him so hard he sunk into the lathe and plaster wall and although surprised, he came back fighting (he was a former Marine Corps drill sergeant in the Korean war and several times I watched him beat two or three guys down at a time, including some cops that went over the line)

I got damn lucky and cold cocked him, and my mom told me I should leave before he awoke. That's when I joined a NATO peace keeping troupe and got posted in Cyprus (75)

dude...thats way out of the discipline catagory and into straight abuse.

Did Dr. Spock advocate against spankings? My mother read Dr. Spock and cited his advice frequently. She also spanked us if we messed up. And I don't mean with her hand -- she went to the closet and got one of my father's leather belts.

And, no, I never called the cops and tried to claim abuse. It wasn't "abuse" -- the correct and appropriate name for it was then and should be now "punishment."

She also spanked us if we messed up. And I don't mean with her hand -- she went to the closet and got one of my father's leather belts.

A belt you say, I guess we were special kids then, MY parents had a Board Of Education :eek: , I don't know what kind of wood it is made of but my sister has it at her house. The only damage to this Board is that the paint has worn off of it but "BOE" can still be read on it.

i caught a spatula across the backside when i missbehaved. or...for less serious offenses... i got to sit in the chair in the middle of the kitchen for an hour or more.....or both. and getting sent to my room when i was a kid didnt involve videogames or toys.