people get out of the way

gixxerman600

yeah they do seem to move out of the way but then again i think it just that big piece of steel setting high enough that they would have to kiss it if i was to t-bone them. That and the truck looks like its been beat to he!!.

I've had an 84 Old's 98, a 90 Geo Prizm, a 79 Ford F100 (now a trailer), a 94 Suburban (still have it) and now the 87 Comanche. Never had too much of a problem with people cutting me off, mostly because my cars are usually worth less than it costs to fix a dent on their's. And they look like it.

The Suburban is the exception, but it is bigger than most things on the road. It's also the only vehicle I've ever had that had body damage fixed on it paid for by my insurance company.

First one was a deer that broke the ds side marker light lens :mad:. After inspection by the body shop the total was $900 for bumper, bumper brackets, grill, headlight assembly, parking light, side marker light and alignment.

Last one was a drunk on a Harley with no insurance :nuts:. Same parts as above, plus skid plate, lower control arm, filler piece behind bumper, air dam, minor frame work and license plate bracket. Close to $2000 on that one.

I'm planning to eventually paint the Jeep, but worried that people might start cutting me off then.

Not an MJ story here, still getting it ready for the road :wrench: but I thought yall might like this one. When my son bought his first car (at age 15, he paid for it) a '54 Caddy, folks travelling the other direction on the highway would often run off the road as we passed (guess they didn't want to get punched by those steel bullets on the front bumper) :eek:

i don't really experience people cutting me off. probably because I'm using my piece of $#!& xj to mainly deliver pizzas, so I'm always the one hauling @$$. altho i have noticed that since i started driving this beat up beast, people usually don't get all over my @$$ any more compared to when i was driving a 94 integra.

i always refer to it as the pushability factor which of course has many variables such as make ,model ,year ,location and condition of the vehicle etc... For instance when I'm driving my 05 rubicon unlimited (the stock dd)i don't have much pushability . people usualy don't care one way or the other if they cut/piss me off because my jeep is fairly new and worth somthing . When I'm in a school bus people generaly cut me off at will, (even when children are aboard) get pised because I'm not doing 5-10 over the speed limit in a school zone and not bobing and weaving in and out of trafic.

But when I'm in the manche people keep their distance, don't cut me off and get the hell out of my way when they see me coming and I'm always first at a 4-way stop because they see that i aint got much to loose and that another scratch or dent is a just another story around the camp fire and not a point on my record. jamminz.gif

ohh wookie i hear you. the truck i drive at work is a 1997 IH 4900 flatbed with mounted forklift..... i have no jake brake so i guess the truck is too quiet going down hill that people don't notice the large grey mass heading tward them and they just pull out in front of me! CDL people like us know a-holes.

If you had this

or this

Image Not Found

or even this:

Image Not Found

rolling up, people tend to get out of the way! :brows:

Wish I had a pic posted up of my '69 GMC bus (ever watch the movie "Speed"? ) jamminz.gif

ohh wookie i hear you. the truck i drive at work is a 1997 IH 4900 flatbed with mounted forklift..... i have no jake brake so i guess the truck is too quiet going down hill that people don't notice the large grey mass heading tward them and they just pull out in front of me! CDL people like us know a-holes.

If I didn't have a jake I would be in trouble or just have to crawl down the road but then, I wouldn't get much done each day either. '05 Mack Granite with an automatic 6 speed. Oh, and I run with all my lights on so they can't say that they couldn't see me. jamminz.gif

016zy8.jpg

By wooky

i get ricers that do it to me all the time. i let off the gas when I'm in the jeep, but when I'm in my 67, i speed up, when they see a big white steel bumper, valance panel and 4 driving lights in their rearview mirror they tend to speed up

Normally when I pull up to a 4 way stop intersection, they usually let me go first.

Maybe its the bumper or how hard I was on the brakes while stopping?

This was in my XJ I just parted out to build my MJ.

Kind of intimidating...

Image Not Found

The side view even looks wilder.

Image Not Found

I'm probably going to make a new bumper and sell the one above to JeepcoMJ.