Sounds like Monday I'll get the bad news

TNT

I've stated on here that this MJ build will be my last.

This is because of my bad back. I haven't done much in the past week or so since I lost feeling in my left hand and have some serious pain in my back and that shoulder.

I couldn't get my first MRI done due to the pain. A week later and I was at least able to get my neck MRI done. The pain was extreme. They called and said they found more bone spurs and bulging discs. I already have a 4 level fusion done in my neck and was told 5 years ago when my last complete MRI was done that I have 12 other degereated discs.

I'm hoping I will be able to milk my back as long as I can. I really want to get my MJ done.... I hope this won't stop me.

The meds make it hard to get stuff done. Right now I'm taking 160mg of Norcos(Vicodons), 120mg of valiums and 75mg of cylbensoprims with a 25mg amitriptilene at night. I still work full time too..

I haven't slept fo more then 5 hours without needing more meds and they just take the edge off the pain. 80% of it is still there if I move wrong.

I think on monday they are going to want to do more surury and will be giving me real pain meds.

This just sucks... I just want to build this MJ and then I'll give up the 20years of wrenching, the last of my hobbies/intrests and just try to help out people online.

Well that enough venting.... I'm just sick of it...

Man I wish I was closer to you and Pat. I'd help in an instant.

2 years ago my dad's disc let go and made it impossible for him to walk. He went into surgery, which worked great! Then 2 days later, he was back in bed. It turns out that another massive chunk had worked its way out and was now crushing the spinal cord. It took ~4-6 days to get that fixed.

Best of luck TNT.

Do you mind me asking what happened to your back to make it so bad?

This sucks to read. My mother is going thru something familiar. she has had three of her vertabre fused together and it seems that it helped for a little bit but now she is still having troubles. I am sure yours is worse. And I can't begin to understand how you feel. I just hope that it will get better enough for you to finish your project. good luck.

I started riding motorcycles at 6 year old at our cabin and at 10 I could ride the Pipline by myself on my cycle. Many crashes happend by the time i was 16. At 15 to 35 I wworked as a tech, a mopar mastertech for 12 years, At 21 I had a F-250 have a hoist leg slide of the frame and was hit on the head with the rear spring perch. At 25 I flipped a KX250 and shifted the middle of my back so it had a 3" curve. At 35 I couldn't wrench anymore because my back was to bad. So now I'm a parts guy with a great garage to do anything and a body thats shot. At 37 they had to remove bone spurs in my neck that were pinching off my spinal cord. That sugury left me with no feeling inn my right thumb index finger and half of my middle finger. Thats the main bs that caused other then lifting shortblocks, d60 and stuipid stuff like that by myself.

You know it sucks typing when you can't feel the keyboard... I have to proof read everything 2 or 3 times if not more.

I'm just up because I took 7 pills but can't fall a sleep, so I took 2 more valium....

You need a hot tub brother!!! Maybe you should take a few weeks off and just chillout ,, maybe get you some gravity boots. Whatever you do do it soon, cause even I hurt after reading that...

I think it's time to trade this wreck in for a new one.

I'm just up because I took 7 pills but can't fall a sleep, so I took 2 more valium....

Yep, I know the feeling. Took a couple tramadol and an ibuprofen for my knee, and now I can't sleep either.

Hope all goes good for ya Tim; I'm willing to help ya build the MJ as well.

At 37 they had to remove bone spurs in my neck that were pinching off my spinal cord. That sugury left me with no feeling inn my right thumb index finger and half of my middle finger. Thats the main bs that caused other then lifting shortblocks, d60 and stuipid stuff like that by myself.

You know Tim I had that same surgery about twelve years ago. I had bone spurs on my neck causing constant pain on my left shoulder and could not use my left arm. The doc explained he could either do a bone graft using a piece of bone from my leg, or use a metal plate with screws. I opted for the metal plate, and was completely back to normal after about a month. The doc who did my surgery also developed the same problem about a year later but he opted to go the bone graft route. It did not work at all, made it much worse, so he had to have it done again using the plate. Now he's fine. How did you have yours done, and do you go back for regular xrays and checkups? I'm sure you do, but just maybe it could be part of the problem? I know the pain caused from neck bone spurs sucks.

I think it's time to trade this wreck in for a new one.

Isn't it illegal to steal body parts?

Oh ... you meant the MJ!

Seriously, I sympathize greatly. My back was wrecked in a car accident when I was 14. I'm not 64 -- the accident was 50 years ago this July, and I have spent that 50 years being maintained by chiropractors. I've been very lucky, because I've done a lot of things the docs told me I shouldn't do but, hey ... you gotta have a life.

God speed, and best wishes. I hope they'll get you fixed up.

At 37 they had to remove bone spurs in my neck that were pinching off my spinal cord. That sugury left me with no feeling inn my right thumb index finger and half of my middle finger. Thats the main bs that caused other then lifting shortblocks, d60 and stuipid stuff like that by myself.

You know Tim I had that same surgery about twelve years ago. I had bone spurs on my neck causing constant pain on my left shoulder and could not use my left arm. The doc explained he could either do a bone graft using a piece of bone from my leg, or use a metal plate with screws. I opted for the metal plate, and was completely back to normal after about a month. The doc who did my surgery also developed the same problem about a year later but he opted to go the bone graft route. It did not work at all, made it much worse, so he had to have it done again using the plate. Now he's fine. How did you have yours done, and do you go back for regular xrays and checkups? I'm sure you do, but just maybe it could be part of the problem? I know the pain caused from neck bone spurs sucks.

They used titanium plates and screw with a synthetic piese to fill the gap that promotes bone growth around it. I was told my surgery was very complicated and I was left without enough strength to drink by myself for about a month. It took about 4 months to be able to lift a gallon of milk intgo the fridge.... My neck has been fine, the rest of my back has been my problems. From what I know these are in different areas.

I'm sure I'll get thru it. The first time left me without feeling in some of my right hand. Hopefully they can help me out.

If I can't finish it myself I have a few build fests with food and drinks supplied. I can teach someone how to build diffs and narrow an axle if needed. The same goes with anythink else I need to get done. I'll teach welding, electrical work or whatever.

:bowdown: It's great to see people on this site will go out of there way to help me. I would help anyone of you anyway I can, if needed. :cheers:

Since this will be the last build it will be done correctly. My goal is an extended cab 4x4 prerunner with a long travel suspesion set-up. Prperly set-up it should ride and handle great and it will have 95 XJ R-134 AC, PL & PW,keyless entry and a bunch of other goodies. Haneman glass fenders and boxsides are planed with a 121" WB.

One way or another it will get done. I bet the handicap plates will look funny... :brows:

Just think what people had to go through in 1900 with these problems, and no pain meds :eek:

They had meds like morphine and such... My docter said if I could have drivin to their office I could have got strongers meds but it can wait until monday.

Right now I'm not feeling too bad so I'm headed out to clean it and get some more work done.

Where are you located? We can do both our Mjs electrical cause mine is crap! :D

I'm located in the Comanche triangle that surounds JeepcoMJ's place. :D

Post up your electrical gremlins and I will diagnois them for you. I can probably help you figure them out even if we are on opposite sides of the country. I might even teach you something in the process.

PM me if you want do that instead of starting a thread The we can make some write ups. I also have a ton of other info I can share. :brows:

I would type write-ups but this post took about 10-20 minutes to type and correct.... I will try and make some soon.

Ya know, there's an add-on for firefox that does spellchecking while you type... :brows: I've got feeling in more fingers than you and I still need it desperately. :roll:

Spellcheck would help but sometimes the meds make it hard to type what I want to say and have it make sence too....

I know what your going through. My mother has 8 bad disk in her back that keeps her down. The problem is her doc has that theory that there is no money in a cure and... well i have no use for her doc. My step dad just had surgery to remove almost 2 foot of his colon so he is pretty much out of work as well. I do all i can to take care of both of them right now. My job, well lets say it left the country and went to Honduras. Now i'm killing my back with the work i do. It's all heavy lifting and hard work but it pays the bills and keeps everyones prescriptions filled. I enjoy the work but i hate those days that you feel the rain coming and can't hardly move. I have a feeling i have some of the same problems in my back since i can't even bend all the way over without feeling the need to scream some days but i don't go to the doc..the less i know the less it hurts physiologically.

Just hang in there. You gotta keep going and fighting your hardest. Don't do like my mom did and let it take your life away from you man. Don't let it get what counts !

Yall need to quite your d@mn belly aching!! Drink water, drive on...

just kiding,, Sometimes you just have to do the best you can with what 'ch got... I take this med called Naproxen,, it helps keep swelling out of my left knee.. Its fine until I have to squat down for any long periods of time..