Soon to have 2500 front end.

BMJ

8) I guess many of us have browsed thru and looked at the Beijing 2500 (cherokee clone) Still made overseas. :roll:

I've joined some people @ naxja that are interested in getting some front ends . Order process is well underway and when the goods are actually in the states. I will move this to 'projects' and post my own project pics. :D

In the mean time for those curious about such . Here's a link where u can get an idea. How it looks :

http://go.jeepxj.info/RonsBeijingMJ.htm

( if it does not take u there ;might need to copy paste it...)

Well maybe not better than that of a nice 2nd Gen xj front clip . But why not? :cheer

:D Hey Thanks JT For getting that link straighten out jamminz.gif

It will be a while 30-40 days for it to actually get to the west coast :roll: But I don't have any hurries ...

freight will get you to think about it twice.... :roll: ...If u do it on your own and only want to bring One set...

Freight price is about Volume so If u are able to establish a decent amount of volume (not exactly a container full ) U get a decent shipping price..

Once I receive and check the items . I'll start the tread.... As it is stated :

A Build tread is worthless w/o pix. :chillin:

I'm with JTDesigns. Like the way it looked before he flipped it. Don't like the 2500 front end.

Yup :cheers: He had a pretty sweet rig at that , If you read thru the whole project.

He actually replaced Everything from front end to Drive train to interior ; Even the complete dashboard from the 2nd gen XJ :eek:

"quite a task" :D

Guess He decided on the 2500 front end since He had already been there and done that with the newer xj front end ... :popcorn:

U know a Jeep thing......... ( besides I guess He took note that it was actually cheaper ) :D :D

ya know what,

id like to see a 97+ conversion done to a stock lwb with the door and dash conversion done too.

I'm on it. :cheers: (seriously) Only thing i can't do is the dash. Ive having issues with mine being a 4-cyl manual and the donor XJ being a 6-cyl auto. And I'm not swapping motors I want to keep the 4 popper.

• 1 month later...

:eek: Update..Well it seems that parts will be arriving by Memorial day wk end... :D

Kinda tight schedule for me to set up frontclip before my trip to the Baja 500 (june 1st) but will give it a shot.. anyways with my luck :nuts: might be smart to better install After I return.

I'll keep updating as soon as such stuff actually gets here.

Later :chillin:

I wish we could find a way to import and sell Beijing Jeep Super Cherokees, and REALLY thumb our noses at Chrysler. The Super Cherokee is what they SHOULD be selling, rather than the Libertine and the Patriot.

I WANT TO GO TO CHINA AND SHIP ONE OF THOSE BACK HERE!

i had no idea that any xj was still in production. I'm not really a fan of that front clip though.

Is the 4.0 still in it, thats the part i really really car about.

the news to me that the xj is still in production somewhere just made my day, and gave me faint hopes of one day having a brand new xj. :D

I WANT TO GO TO CHINA AND SHIP ONE OF THOSE BACK HERE!

i had no idea that any xj was still in production. I'm not really a fan of that front clip though.

Is the 4.0 still in it, thats the part i really really car about.

the news to me that the xj is still in production somewhere just made my day, and gave me faint hopes of one day having a brand new xj. :D

No 4.0L and it's not a Jeep....

Chrysler sold the rights to the design to another company after they ended production on the XJ in 2001.

The said company is Bei Qi Autos (Beijing Autoworks); and is known for it's relationship with Chrysler and gets to produce an ‘offshoot’ carbon copy of the original vehicle.

They've also done it to the 99-04 Grand Cherokee's.

They are doing the same thing with the JK now. Here's a pic of the "Beijing JK".

PIC #1 - http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-show ... angler.jpg

PIC #2 - http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-show ... angler.jpg

Guess it won't be happening until after I come back from the 500 .. Latest info mentioned arrival per freight Co. by the 29th . :eek:

So yea, better to install After I return... :D the anticipation..... :popcorn:

• 4 weeks later...

:chillin: Update ....... All parts are in Seattle WA. ----Already been picked up ----.all checked and accounted for.... :chillin:

I'll prob. be expecting them late next wk end....

Sweet thing is that they even came w/ bulbs and wiring... :D

I'll post when I receive.

Cheers. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

:D Received the Head lamps , Tail, and Bumper fog lights :D

Nothing Damaged.

Tomorrow I'll be receiving Header and grille ...

So Tomorrow I'll post some pics.

:cheers:

I believe SirSam will be receiving his shortly, so I guess we'll have enough build pics shortly jamminz.gif