mahindra

a1awind

mahindra is suppose to come here next year with a midsized pickup called the appalachian its a a 4 cyl bosch designed turbo diesel. The truck is expected to get 30 mpg and get this.. it s a 4x4 to boot the power is 150hp and 300lb-ft which should be more than adequate. as far as modern design the truck is ugly but, in my opinion its my kind of ugly

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news/mahindra/dieselhybridandmore.html

1. mahindra is an indian company (india not native american) that was started in ...i believe the late 40's. they have been importing farm tractors to the US for a while now...those are made in co-operation with international harvester. they produced jeeps for willys and currently produce jeeps for the india market. they have a home market version of the cj3b and willys wagon and up till the late 1990's still made the FC cab over truck (where do you think replacement body panels come from).

no, but the article says it is about the same size as a new tacoma. if you go to mahindra's website you will se pictures of people standing next to them and i would say the articles description is about right ...it just looks like its small with no surrounding.

Btw, you can get those japanese mini trucks all over the usa .. they are starting to sell them here as side-by-side atv alternatives.

i found this video of the aussie release of the mahindra truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQuGYJ9uEiE

see....now why can't Jeep build something like that?! if it were a jeep with the same looks, you would all be "omigod, I have to have one!" sure, it's kinda fugly, but 150 hp, 300lb/ft of torque, a 2600lb payload. holy snappin arseholes, somebody's making a real truck! oh yeah, and i forgot to mention 30-35 mpg!!!!! that's friggin amazing. i bet they'll sell well, escpecially to delivery companies, bike/atv/snowmobile shops, and any other business out there which puts a lot of miles on they're trucks.

i like it.