Weather WTF

Rokhound

Well I got my evening fix in. I decided to play in lowrange. 8)

I spent about 20mins doing some great drifts. :chillin:

I completed a 360 at about 25 mph on the first attempt!!! jamminz.gif

Did a few donuts and stopped at the gas station where I spun it around so it slid backwards into the parking space perfectly. :brows:

You guys can't tell me I'm the only one who plays in the snow... Someone else has to enjoy snow driving too... ;)

The drive to work in the AM should be fun too, but not as much as I had tonight :D

:cheers:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now we have 10-14in of snow coming our way. :roll:

What up with the :roll: ... You don't like snow???

Yes 10"-14" of snow with 6" more possible in some areas jamminz.gif

I keep looking out the window just waiting until the time is right. :chillin:

I think about 9:00PM will be time to go driving. :D We should have 4" by then. That's enough to play. :brows:

I have to be at work at 7:00AM so I'll be taking the backroads about half way there. I'll actually enjoy driving to work for once. ;)

I love driving in snow, I've been told I'm crazy :nuts: but I do have fun :rotfl2:

the :roll: was because it was raining the other day, now we have snow coming.

i love snow, and now my tech school is closed tomorow so i will be having some fun tomorow on the ATV!

i love snow, and now my tech school is closed tomorow so i will be having some fun tomorow on the ATV!

But do you play with your Comanche?

4wd drifts rock and using lowrange just adds to the fun. :brows:

But do you play with your Comanche?

4wd drifts rock and using lowrange just adds to the fun. :brows:

i got the Jeep parked in the garage for the winter. its times like right now that i wish i had it out, but its times when there is salt all over that I'm glad its away.

My MJ is parked waiting to come in the shop in a couple weeks once my '95 XJ is stripped of the parts for the MJ.

I'm out playing in my '94 4.0 aw-4 NP242 cased XJ with a rear tracklock.

It has 3" of lift and runs 33x10.50-15 BFG AT KO's.

It's so rusty I just don't care. The engine has low miles and runs great.

I drive it hard and enjoy it. jamminz.gif

This is crazy. 80+ degrees yesterday, then last night a couple of tornados came through close by causing some fatalities. Nothing like waking up at 4:00 AM waiting for your roof to blow off. :eek: :eek: But all's well. Tonight it's expected to go down below 30*. :nuts:

i bought mine like 2 years ago a Home Depot when we had that winter with no snow and they had them all marked down I got a 700 to 800 snow blower for like 300 to 350 jamminz.gif I told the wife that we would never use it and she was like yeah right we live in Iowa. I guess the wife was right again. :roll:

Up here in Alberta Canada we've got lots of snow now to, but our temps last week broke records through out the province. We had temps down to -43 with -57 wind chills last monday that lasted till wednesday before we warmed up to -25 with -37 wind chills that are still hanging around. I'm a pipeliner and had to work outside in that the whole time.

We have at least 14"of snow. I had snow drifts that were 4' high in my driveway. My wife snow blower this morning and there was 10"-3' in my driveways. Thank god for my trusty old 1974 8hp Ariens snowblower, it's unstoppable. 8)

The ride home was fun, the main highway was snow cover and had drifts up to 18" high or so.

On Hwy 20 they plowed a cross road and didn't lift the blade when the crossed the hwy. I hit it at about 35mph and got air. Right after the jump there was a F-250 pulled over to the side. As I drove by I saw that his entire plow came off and was wedged under the front of his truck. :eek:

There was a jack knifed semi almost blocking the entire road about 5 miles later and I saw about 10 cars/suv's in the ditch in the first 8 miles I drove.

About 1/2 way home I started taking the back roads. :D They were unplowed. I drove that in lowrange. :brows: There was 12" to 4' deep snow I had to back up and take a couple of runs at two snow drifts.

I got to the end of that road I turned around and drove back to the other end and back again. :chillin:

It was like I was running snow covered trails. jamminz.gif I had to stop and push the snow off of my hood a couple of times. ;)

I had a Libby try to follow me the 2nd time, but they had to turn around. :roll:

Well now that the driveway is clear and I ate dinner it's time to go out driving.

I know a bunch of roads that won't be plowed yet. :cheers:

Sounds like fun! I used to have an old 73 jeep about 9 years ago we 13 inchs or so. Me and some friends went out playing the dist. got wet so we tied a sandwich bag around it, then the fender wells were getting plugged up with snow and you couldn't turn the wheels. jamminz.gif

We have at least 14"of snow. I had snow drifts that were 4' high in my driveway. My wife snow blower this morning and there was 10"-3' in my driveways. Thank god for my trusty old 1974 8hp Ariens snowblower, it's unstoppable. 8)

The ride home was fun, the main highway was snow cover and had drifts up to 18" high or so.

On Hwy 20 they plowed a cross road and didn't lift the blade when the crossed the hwy. I hit it at about 35mph and got air. Right after the jump there was a F-250 pulled over to the side. As I drove by I saw that his entire plow came off and was wedged under the front of his truck. :eek:

There was a jack knifed semi almost blocking the entire road about 5 miles later and I saw about 10 cars/suv's in the ditch in the first 8 miles I drove.

About 1/2 way home I started taking the back roads. :D They were unplowed. I drove that in lowrange. :brows: There was 12" to 4' deep snow I had to back up and take a couple of runs at two snow drifts.

I got to the end of that road I turned around and drove back to the other end and back again. :chillin:

It was like I was running snow covered trails. jamminz.gif I had to stop and push the snow off of my hood a couple of times. ;)

I had a Libby try to follow me the 2nd time, but they had to turn around. :roll:

Well now that the driveway is clear and I ate dinner it's time to go out driving.

I know a bunch of roads that won't be plowed yet. :cheers:

Rather have snow all day long than tornadoes. They ain't fun at all. Makes you curse nasty ole Mother Nature.