12" update/long arm

pics are too small. I can't see much. :( Looks like some good fab work though.

If you're going to start a new topic for each update though, I'd recommend restating the specs and stuff. :D I don't remember what axles you were running.

(just ignore all those namby-pamby naysayers.) jamminz.gif

Why not? TNT, why do a 2dr XJ/MJ cross breed? I know part of it is for your back, but it's also because it's what YOU want.

JPholic, IMO, I think the problem might be you don't have enough good pics of it to get comments. One front end shot in the garage and some dark undercarriage shots. If you had a previous post w/more pics that I missed, throw this in the trash. But, I for one would like to see it out of the garage and in the sunlight. The only MJs I've seen that big were not MJs but just a body put on a chevy frame or something. And for some reason, that has always just been cheesy to me. If I am correct, it looks like you have a custom fabbed Jeep product true to it's design..........for the most part...........I think. Sooooooooo........

:needpics:

(I've always wanted to use that smiley, now's a good time :D )

Ok, did a little research and now I remember it. Personally, I think it's bad as $hizzle. jamminz.gif Would I do it, no. But I still love it. And good call on leaving the sawzall in the box and keeping the stock flares.

Now, for my nickels worth, I'll add that I definitely agree w/you wanting to put a roll bar on it. Looks unfinished w/the killer paint and no more bling IMO. And as high as it is, I'd like it w/some chrome nerfs too. For sure though, I don't think you could pull it off if it wasn't a long bed. If it was a short bed it would like one of those cartoon rigs (that's what I call them) like when you see a CJ5 or Samurai on 44's. At least yours still has some proportions to it.

I agree w/Pete it would be cool if you had just kept one big thread alive and changed the title along the way w/new pics. Our wives all watch Trading Spaces because they like the before and after effect, we watch MJ projects for the same reason. Maybe we could get Paige Davis to prance around in some tight jeans and one of her "too tight and doesn't cover her hot belly button" shirts for all of our project threads? :brows:

Image Not Found

Ok, I guess conversing w/all you gearheads at midnight is getting to me :oops:

Why not? TNT, why do a 2dr XJ/MJ cross breed? I know part of it is for your back, but it's also because it's what YOU want.

(I've always wanted to use that smiley, now's a good time :D )

That is why I asked why. I stated why I'm doing what my plan is. I really don't care if people like it or not I'm building it for me...

The pics didn't show how well it is built and no specs other then 12" of lift was done. Details on the changes and some good pics would be great.

Know I see he is saving that MJ which is cool. I just want to know more.... :brows:

But by making my one post this thread came alive. :cheers:

Our wives all watch Trading Spaces because they like the before and after effect, we watch MJ projects for the same reason.

I'm writing this down. This is the perfect way to explain to Melissa why I spend so much time sitting at the computer looking at Jeeps on the internet! Thank you! :cheers:

• 7 months later...

Dude, that truck effing ROCKS! I'll repeat some of my prior comments. First, IMO that truck only works as a long bed, i.e. more proportional. Second, that rig is not in MY personality to actually own and drive something like that, but GD I love how it looks and would be knocking people over to get in line to drive it. I know some didn't care for the flames, and 99 times out of 100 I wouldn't either, but I'm ok with it. Love the roll-bar and lights, love that you kept the front end clean. With the flames and such, that would have been too much visual info to process.

:cheers: jamminz.gif