IT'S SNOWING IN 'BAMA!

HOrnbrod

and it's Richmond bound overnight.

School districts here are already starting to cancel classes for tomorrow LOL.

On the way home from work today, I stopped off at a convenience store, and the little pop-tart at the register asked me if I was "ready" for the BIG STORM coming tomorrow AM (we're expecting a trace to a dusting here, BTW....)

I said that I have two Jeeps and an AWD Subaru (wife-mobile), and that we're from PA originally. That ended the conversation.

Enjoy the fluff, Don. I can only imagine the sheer panic that's going on way down there right now...

:D

Jeff

I'm hoping da govna here in VA cxls here too......we're off Friday and Monday for state/federal holidays, and that would make it a nice little 5-day off ;) (did I mention, I work for the state?)

Buncha no-drivin'............southerners! :D

its gettin ugly in Georgia too.

fun thing about southern snow is overnight it turns from slush into ice... good luck on that. :cheers:

you can drive in deep snow you can't drive on thin ice.

Got that right. We be about at that point now.............

Is it some sort of a record if you have any appreciable snowfall there?

I've never lived anywhere that it didn't snow.

Worst here ever was in Mar, 1993. We had just returned from the Philippines in Feb 1993 after a 10 year tour there, where the temps are hotter than the hinges of hell year round. We had just moved in our house in N. Alabama when I had to go back to the PI TDY in early Mar for a couple of weeks. On Mar 12 it started snowing, and continued all the next day, for a total of more than 2 ft. Course I was over in the PI and Mama and the kids were stuck in 'Bama. Power was out for over a week, nothing moved, the whole state was paralyzed. "Bama officials had no clue how to deal with it. Luckily we had a wood stove, so she had heat and could cook on it. She's from the Philippines, had not lived in the States before, and was not happy (the telephone was the only thing that worked). But she did great, and the neighbors were all helpful. Good times. :eek:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/bmx/significant ... /index.php