Turbine Wheel Manufacture Differences

Cleaning off the rims I just bought and noticed 3 of the 4 are made in Italy, the other is made in the US. A quick glance shows a small difference, the width of the channel on the rear side of the spokes. The Italian ones are wider, US is narrower. Any other differences to note?

PXL_20240210_005059838.jpg

PXL_20240210_005127989.jpg

PXL_20240210_005138385.MP.jpg

I have 2 sets Turbine wheels that have "MADE IN THE U.S.A." cast into the rim and one set that have "MADE IN W. GERMANY".   They they look the same but the spokes are actually different.    The spokes on the USA wheels, measured on the face of them, are 1" wide and the German ones are 1-1/8" wide.   In all other respects they seem to be the same.

1 hour ago, PCO6 said:

one set that have "MADE IN W. GERMANY".

Do those have an AMC part number?

5 hours ago, H3ADBANG4L1F3 said:

Here are the identifying marks I could find.

PXL_20240210_081725380.jpg

That’s the AMC number. Ok so that’s genuine. 

I wonder who was the manufacture for these rims. 

Interesting.  I'll have to look through mine.  Some years back I was weighing each wheel in my small collection.  I noticed a few of my Turbines were heavier than the others.  Now I wonder if it might be because of where they were manufactured.

42 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Do those have an AMC part number?

I just realized I have an Italian wheel as well.   I checked my wheels that are not currently on my MJ & XJ and got the following ...

U.S.A                       SF 8952 000 025

W. GERMANY          SF 8952 002 735

ITALY                       SF 8952003552

On the USA & W. German wheels the number is cast into the rim.   On the Italian rim it is cast into a spoke.   The number is much smaller on the Italian wheel and there are no spaces like on the other 2.

EDIT:   The W. German wheel I just checked also has a small pert number - about 1/8" high.   I'm almost certain the W. German wheel numbers are larger - about 1/4" like the U.S.A. wheels.

Ok I do have an idea. So SF 8952000025 is the original part number. The US one.
The other two I can speculate one of two things. 
One, the rim manufacture had three factories, one here and two in Europe. The two in Europe got different part numbers for the casting probably to keep them different from the US ones and we’re probably meant for the euro Jeeps. 
Two, anytime the US ones went on back order, the other two supplied to the states. 

None of my wheels came with my Jeeps (88 MJ & 89 XJ).   I'm "assuming" (haha) they all came from Canadian Jeeps built in the US.   I can't see that that would be a factor unless then wheels were bought after the original vehicle purchase, which would seem odd AND Canadian and American dealers got a different supply of wheels?   I kind of doubt that.   

I have 13 Turbines in total and 7 of them came from Europe.   Weird. 

• 1 month later...

I don’t have pictures currently, but I have noticed on some of the wheels that there is a recess where the lug nut seats on some wheels but not on others . I always chalked it up to the ones with the recess are for the rear and the ones that weren’t were  for the front due to the rear studs being shorter . 

• 3 weeks later...